uk gasser - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2007, 01:48 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

uk gasser

Hi all, I have just registered with hotrodder's .com and thought i would introduce myself. My name is Martin and i live in the UK. I bought a 1952 Anglia last October to build as a nostalgic gasser. It is based around the mid to late 60s period and has a 427 chevy with a powerglide. I based it on this era as i believe it would have been race legal to run an unblown big block. It will be a rolling chassis by the end of September with a straight tube front axle and a ford 9 inch bringing up the rear, all on coil overs. The motor as i said before is a 427 tall deck chevy and has a TR2X tunnel ram with dual
quads. I have retained the stock frame rail's which i have fully boxed and am installing a full cage as we speak ( just having a cup of tea and a quick surf then i'll be back in the garage ) Wheel's and tires are 10 x 15 200s daisy mag's on the rear which i brought in from Canada because they are original old item's, the front's will be wheel Vintiques gasser alloy's which are based on Halibrand kidney bean's.
Well i've got to get on with it now, i'll put some pic'c on, hope you like them. Thanks Martin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bish_3.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	22995   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1130298.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	245.3 KB
ID:	23055   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1130302.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	227.5 KB
ID:	23056   Click image for larger version

Name:	P5160318.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	266.6 KB
ID:	23057   Click image for larger version

Name:	P5160320.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	285.0 KB
ID:	23058  

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2007, 02:05 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Body and exterior tips Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Welcome to the site. Lots of info and opinions here. To get the most out of the site check out the Knowledge Base and use the search function for quick answers to your questions. As well check out the Project Journals for info and inspiration.

Glad to have you here and enjoy the site. Good luck with your project build!!
Old 08-01-2007, 06:13 AM
NEVER SATISFIED !!

Last photo:

Keep those pictures coming. They bring back forgotten memory's.
Thanks !

454 RATTLER
Old 08-01-2007, 10:50 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by madengineering
Hi all, I have just registered with hotrodder's .com and thought i would introduce myself. My name is Martin and i live in the UK. I bought a 1952 Anglia last October to build as a nostalgic gasser. It is based around the mid to late 60s period and has a 427 chevy with a powerglide. I based it on this era as i believe it would have been race legal to run an unblown big block. It will be a rolling chassis by the end of September with a straight tube front axle and a ford 9 inch bringing up the rear, all on coil overs. The motor as i said before is a 427 tall deck chevy and has a TR2X tunnel ram with dual
quads. I have retained the stock frame rail's which i have fully boxed and am installing a full cage as we speak ( just having a cup of tea and a quick surf then i'll be back in the garage ) Wheel's and tires are 10 x 15 200s daisy mag's on the rear which i brought in from Canada because they are original old item's, the front's will be wheel Vintiques gasser alloy's which are based on Halibrand kidney bean's.
Well i've got to get on with it now, i'll put some pic'c on, hope you like them. Thanks Martin.
thats cool, i have just finished restoring a 49 that was a 60s gasser, i have a small block in mine that sit lower and farther back. its all piriod correct with a 65 corvette engine highly modified. all vintage speed parts. good thing you boxed the frame otherwise you will end up with a pretzel. how far back did you box??? i had to box all the way to the back. i see your front axel is not mounted, i cut the frame right in front of the crank pulley and mounted the front axel in front of that, transverse leaf, corvair steering. these things are way rare over here. welcome to hotrodders.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:51 PM

Last photo:

gasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by techron
thats cool, i have just finished restoring a 49 that was a 60s gasser, i have a small block in mine that sit lower and farther back. its all piriod correct with a 65 corvette engine highly modified. all vintage speed parts. good thing you boxed the frame otherwise you will end up with a pretzel. how far back did you box??? i had to box all the way to the back. i see your front axel is not mounted, i cut the frame right in front of the crank pulley and mounted the front axel in front of that, transverse leaf, corvair steering. these things are way rare over here. welcome to hotrodders.
Thanks for taking the time to respond. Yes the frame is boxed all the way from front to back and it's now got a full cage to really stiffen thing's up. The car will be street legal but a little strip action will also be on the card's. Anglias used to be fairly cheap to buy over here but thing's have gotten a bit out of hand lately price wise due to the popularity of the nostalgic scene. You could pick one up a few year's ago for about £100 ( roughly 200 Dollar's )
but now you would be looking at the best part of £1000 for a project car. Great to hear you have a 49 love to see some pic's, Cheere's Martin
Old 08-02-2007, 04:10 PM
Living At The Speed Of Life

Last photo:

I´ve loved those Pop/Anglia gassers ever since I saw one the Americans bought to Santa Pod.

Unchopped of course
Old 08-03-2007, 08:06 AM
Living At The Speed Of Life

Last photo:

BTW, if you could post some motor/chassis asm. shots it´d help me fill this in.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:27 AM

Last photo:

uk gasser

That illustration look's great here are some more pics. It will be a great inspirational tool to have an artists impression of the finished car. And i agree unchopped is definitely best. Thanks Martin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P8030332.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	23082   Click image for larger version

Name:	P8030334.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	23083   Click image for larger version

Name:	P8030333.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	23084   Click image for larger version

Name:	P8030331.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	23085   Click image for larger version

Name:	front wheels.gif
Views:	59
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	23086  

Old 12-20-2007, 02:48 PM
Artful Dodger

Last journal entry: From behind
Last photo:

Hi there!
Malc tells me you hail from Cromer - I'm in Norwich, so that makes us just about neighbours!
Great work on the Pop - I had a '59 many years ago, but the engine was seized & I had neither the money nor the space to work on it. Wish I still had it looking at yours...
Welcome aboard!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.