Hot Rod Forum banner

The ultimate "Barn find", absolutely amazing!

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  MARTINSR 
#1 ·
#6 ·
A lot of the guys that "American Pickers" goes to are similar to this guy. They will have barns full of stuff like that and not want to sell it like they are going to "do something with it some day". :rolleyes:

But as long as it gets to the right people after they are gone I guess it's all the same. What is a shame is when some person without a clue is the executor of the estate and they dump stuff, I have seen it happen!

Brian

#7 ·
ME TOO! Unfortunately I am never the guy whos gets the stuff dumped on him...LOL
It would be pretty hard to place some of the treasures , you know , ... appreciative people, who would restore it and take care of it, ... not just some entrepreneur... :spank: :spank:
I would rather break even on something knowing someone is getting it that will keep it, appreciate it, and enjoy it, and possibly hand it down to another person for the same.
They dont make this stuff anymore. Its up to guys like us to keep our history alive.

#8 ·
Well I have a little different take on it. If the entrepreneur is making a few bucks and it ends up in the hands of someone who really appreciates it, all's good as far as I am concerned. I have learned that from some of the people the guys on American Pickers buy from. They will say that, they know the guy is going to make money but it WILL end up in the hands of someone who appreciates it and they are good with that.

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.