Hot Rod Forum banner

The ultimate Donk (warning view on an empty stomach)

11K views 63 replies 34 participants last post by  bigblockking21 
#1 ·

See less See more
#3 ·
I just noticed that on the door it says "Donkey king" LOLOL. That is how I have thought they got their name, you look like a "donkey" (aka jackars) driving one. :D

Brian

ps, why in the living hell would the site scensor not allow the work jack a ss when it is a real name of a donkey?? How about a female dog a beach *****?

:) just playing.

#5 ·
:pain: Brian , I'm glad my stomach WASN'T empty.
Dry heaves hurt. :drunk: :p
The only thing funnier than those rims is how much money they probably paid for them.
and maybe , just maybe watching them try to climb into the thing.
or watching someone try to change the tire. :spank:

#12 ·
MARTINSR said:
guys that drive SUVs with 22in wheels with those skinney tires i look at like "you idiot, you spent big money to look like an idiot" the guy that drives that car i would look over and think you must be a SUPER IDIOT. but i guess being a SUPER IDIOT must cost extra money. some people nowa-days have more money than brains!!!--look at e-bay lately--> :D :D :D

#19 ·
Being an OLD guy with a varied back ground of experiences and seen a lot of changes, fads, trends, innovations, etc, I am going against the flow of objections to this display of hard work, big cash, and some rodder skills we would all like to have. You don't tell proud parents of a new born their baby is ugly or your friends wife/husband/girl/boy friend is ugly. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Every time I go to a car show, I see a few cars that I really like, a few I really don't like and a lot in between. I do see a lot of innovation and skills I certainly appreciate. So basically, I say don't use your personal yard stick to measure some others display of skills, likes and dislikes. We have had some of this trend show up at our local car show and while many cringe, I have found the owners are just like the rest of us except for their taste.

Rrrraaaalllllppphhh!!!!!!!!

Trees

#23 ·
trees said:
Being an OLD guy with a varied back ground of experiences and seen a lot of changes, fads, trends, innovations, etc, I am going against the flow of objections to this display of hard work, big cash, and some rodder skills we would all like to have. You don't tell proud parents of a new born their baby is ugly or your friends wife/husband/girl/boy friend is ugly. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Every time I go to a car show, I see a few cars that I really like, a few I really don't like and a lot in between. I do see a lot of innovation and skills I certainly appreciate. So basically, I say don't use your personal yard stick to measure some others display of skills, likes and dislikes. We have had some of this trend show up at our local car show and while many cringe, I have found the owners are just like the rest of us except for their taste.

Rrrraaaalllllppphhh!!!!!!!!

Trees
I agree....I have been a car show judge in the past and you have to be without bias. I have personally had a car show judge thrown off our team for making personal objections to a color of a car (in front of the owner). I can appreciate the work that can go into ANY car. The damage this fad causes to the suspension and structure of the car is DANGEROUS!!! If the people building these use the correct, beefed up parts...OK, but too many are going for the look at the expense of safety so as to not hit the expense of their wallet.

#25 ·
Whats "donk" mean.. in Australia a "donk" is just a slang word for an engine.. I'm guessing it means something else in the USA?
Donk=Mid-'70s Impala, Caprice and Monte Carlo or any mid-'70s ride with a sloping tail

Boxes=Mid-'80s Impala, Caprice and Monte Carlo or any mid-'80s ride with a boxy rear clip

Bubbles='90s Caprices and Impalas, '90s rides that are rounded on both ends

Here's a site for different ones http://www.cardomain.com/features/donks I remember when they come out with 17's and 18's that people thought they looked ridiculous. Now that size is the norm. I have always been a fan of seeing more rubber on a rim than not. Not a fan of "huge" wheels and I don't think I ever will be. I like my 17's and may go to 18's sometime. 22+...not for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.