The ultimate Tool (video) - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2007, 10:32 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks Tinman. Now i don't feel like a complete idiot! Just a 75% idiot.

powerrodsmike, would you mind recommending me a good, high quality synthetic blinker fluid? so far, this is the only think i could find and they are sold out. Just my luck.
http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...&products_id=6

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2007, 11:22 AM

Last photo:

Maybe I have been into the brownies a little early today but that sure looks like a mouse to me Naw could'nt be, could it?
Old 08-28-2007, 11:43 AM

Last photo:

I'm tellin ya. It's freaky. maybe it's one of those things only certain people can see. i don't claim to be special having seen it. trust me, i thought i was losing my mind.

i wonder what the temp in that room is? or whether the coolant being used contains any harsh chemicals or whatever? maybe the mouse is 'drunk' on it or something or bordering on heat stroke. no way he'd just sit there on his little treadmill like that otherwise. he'd haul a** out of there, unless he's just got a death wish.

maybe he's smarter than all of us and has just found a much easier way to file down his front teeth every few weeks so he doens't have to forage incessantly.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:28 PM

Last photo:

My daughter just got home and I had her look at that still photo and I asked her what she could see there, without hesitation she said "a rat" close enough!
Old 08-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerrodsmike
After careful review of the evidence of your mouse sighting, I think you should look at these, and tell us what you see....

Now I'd like you to take a little test..

click here

Tell us what you see

Later, mikey
Looks like road kill.....
Old 08-29-2007, 05:05 PM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:

Quote:
HOWEVER, as we pay homage to the mighty mill, did no one else happen to notice the mighty MOUSE!!!???? (final 30 seconds or so?)
I wasn't sure what it was but my initial thought was that it was a mouse. I'll have to watch it again.

Quote:
i wonder what the temp in that room is? or whether the coolant being used contains any harsh chemicals or whatever? maybe the mouse is 'drunk' on it
The temp in the room is probably just standard room temperature unless they are lucky and have air conditioning. And yes the coolant can be harmful if drank, but unless you bathe in it regularly, it is pretty safe. Some people have skin reactions to it, but for the most part most have no problems. The coolant should be checked daily though as it can and does sometimes "sour" and when it does it has a pretty bad odor.

Quote:
Now, pardon my ignorance, but was that a water jet and also a bit-type of cutting?
Not water jet. A water jet machine uses very high pressure and abrasive in the water to cut. OCC has a new WaterJet machine. It sounds like Powerrodsmike has been around some of these machines. The 5 axis in the video is really something to watch. I was reading some of the replies about it and someone stated that it actually took 40 different tools and 119 hours of actual run time to produce the machined block. I can only imagine how many hours of programming and how many hours of debugging it took to get a finished item. I program and run a small three axis mill and a small axis mill, and some of the programs for it can rack the brain for a few days. What amazes me is the speed that the tooling runs at. I regularly get Modern Machinst and a couple of other machinist magazines and it is real interesting as to the technology of cutters, speeds, etc. of machining. It has now gotten to the point that there is hardly any vibration in the heads of these machines. Everything is so precise in the way of mating parts, bearings, etc. These machines are now seeing 15,000-30,000 rpm's in cutter speeds and high feed rates to go with it. I would imagine a machine of that type is going to run between $500,000.00-$750,000.00 to purchase, so a person would have to be machining a hell of a lot of aluminum blocks to recoup that kind of shellout. That chunk of aluminum alone was a few thousand dollars in itself.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:13 AM
Its just metal,you're the boss

Last photo:

id imagine whoever programed it must have been really proficient with cad cam software. I'm doing some manual programing and running some little parts at school but watching that thing go is nuts. hopefully I'll get there some day.

Recent Garage - Tools posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.