Unable to post thumbnail from Photobucket - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders Site Suggestions and Help
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2013, 07:18 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,342 Times in 1,088 Posts
Unable to post thumbnail from Photobucket

Since Photobucket revamped their Web site I have been unable to post a thumbnail that doesn't link back to my intire album. Has anyone else run into this and if so have you found a work around. Full size images seem to work fine.

I have emailed Photobucket and will post any information I get from them.

John L

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2013, 11:22 AM

Last photo:

John, in the Photobucket user settings, do you have the box unchecked for "link back to albums"? I think that will stop it, if not, you may have to set your account to "private" under the privacy setting tab. It still opens the pic in the full page, but viewers are not able to link back to your albums.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:14 PM

Last photo:

John, at the bottom of this screenshot of the albums settings page is what I'm referring to for the "link back to albums".

Old 03-29-2013, 08:31 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEd36 View Post
John, at the bottom of this screenshot of the albums settings page is what I'm referring to for the "link back to albums".

Thanks Ed. I will play with this and see what it will do. I did not have this issue until Photobucket revamped their web site.

John
Old 03-29-2013, 08:49 PM

Last photo:

The new Photobucket website is NOT an improvement! Seems like every time they redo their whole website I like it LESS!
Old 03-29-2013, 10:14 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEd36 View Post
The new Photobucket website is NOT an improvement! Seems like every time they redo their whole website I like it LESS!
Amen to that!

John L
Old 03-30-2013, 05:42 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Photobucket is. IMO no longer a user friendly photo sharing site. That's often the way it is, unfortunately, with 'improvements'.

My 7-800 car build related pictures were moved over to the 'new' version about a month ago - now completely scrambled from how they were originally up loaded. PB responded to me with some videos on how to work with the new arrangement - I still don't like it as most (many?) others don't either. I have most of my original pictures on a separate 320Gb external hard drive and will soon be combining all of them as I want them displayed. The Hotrodder's site no longer requires you to use PB for a decent size picture so I probably wont use PB here much any longer.

One or two notes - it appears to be their default mode to SHARE albums, not keep private. You have to manually check off 'Private'. Also, sub albums - all my photos since the change over go to my main album, not the chosen sub album. There may be a way to upload to sub albums, I just haven't found it if it exists. Then the fact that it is difficult to open all pictures on the same page. You have to look at each page. Again, that may exist, but I haven't found their 'switch' yet.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:57 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child View Post

.........................................Also, sub albums - all my photos since the change over go to my main album, not the chosen sub album. There may be a way to upload to sub albums, I just haven't found it if it exists. Then the fact that it is difficult to open all pictures on the same page. You have to look at each page. Again, that may exist, but I haven't found their 'switch' yet.
On the "upload" page click on the "Upload to" button in the first pic, then pick the folder or subfolder you want to upload to on the dropdown menu in the 2nd pic..

Old 03-30-2013, 04:33 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

I've seen that and TRIED to use the feature. So far, 2 out of 3 times loaded the photos into my main album. Yeah, I'll play with it for a while longer, but the need with here and every other site I wander to but one, I don't need PB for my usual photos since only one sub album is public.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.