Hot Rod Forum banner

Under floor master cylinder

11K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  st3gamefarm 
#1 ·
Hello. I have a power brake master cylinder mounted under the floor. Mine is mounted backwards as I think most are. Both reservoir are the same size. I am running disc's in front and drums in rear. Mounted in that position, is the reservoir closest to the vacuum booster for the front or the rear brakes? I know that normally the big reservoir is for the disc's but as I said they are equal size. Thank you.

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
After doing some research for my brake problem (see other thread) I have realized that in most diagrams I see that the way they plummed the combination valve is how you described yours. Closest res to the booster is for the rear brakes and the other is for the front.

Someone said it does not matter but can anyone confirm this before I go buying and bending new brake lines to plum it like I described above?

#14 ·
Buddy has similar trouble with his '57 Olds. May be plumbed backward.

Pedal to the floor with vacuum assist. but seems to have brakes (driving 'round the parkin' lot).
Not certian of the ratio, but I thought it strange. I don't know If I would want to take it on the road that way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.