union electrical contractors suck - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2006, 01:50 PM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

union electrical contractors suck

went to my union meeting last tuesday. made the remark in front of my "brothers" that the general contractor at my hospital job wasnt vacuuming up all the water in the basement. or any of it actually, forcing us to get our feet all wet every day.
got my pink slip friday. so much for that "two year job". that was may second job out of the hall. same thing happened on the first one at the refinery. am about at the point where the IBEW can ******! now the refinery has 8 calls in that go unanswered everyday and i don't have to, and won't take them. ***** them too, Damned oil companies anyway.

my termination slip said "workforce reduction" they added a guy that morning to take my place. some other foreman i never worked for said the supvr said i wasn't putting out j-man work. i know that's total ** and an added insult. yeah, i'm not a journeyman anymore since i got my Master's license two years ago! I can't wait to get ahold of my business agent tomorrow a.m.

Advertisement

Last edited by poncho62; 06-18-2006 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Implied profanity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2006, 04:14 PM
current hot rod: CTS-V

Last journal entry: Lets Get Started With the Improvements
Last photo:

I work for a successful non-union electrical contractor. And man do we hate the friggin union. We're always dealing with useless salts or reps following our shop trucks to job sites to figure out where we are doing jobs. Once they figure out where we work they bother us steadily, giving us forms with slogans like "end shop rate" (for what??? bench rate?) Or they look for violations we can be charged for. We had to take the company name off our work trucks to prevent vandalism.

Bull brings up the unions main flaw, too much politics are intertwined.

A few weeks ago one of the few employees we have that are known union guys showed up at company safety meeting with a Local 98 shirt on. One of the guys said he was going to rip that shirt off his back. So the dude quit his job that day and filed a law suit against the company. lol pansy.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:27 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

hey union members, wake up, it is unions that are to blame for companies outsourcing overseas. **** unions.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:33 AM

Last photo:

I happen to be a union member in a local farm machinery plant. it is the opposite here, the dam union is in bed with the company and dont always want to go to bat for you when you really need them. The company has them by the ba lls so to speak. If it werent for the union though the working conditions would be worse but at the same time the union doesnt do as much as they could do here either.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:25 AM
or Jeff, or Doc, or...

Last journal entry: Results of the Camaro
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy larry
hey union members, wake up, it is unions that are to blame for companies outsourcing overseas. **** unions.
Larry-
You KNOW I'm not a fan of the Unions, but I have to clarify something. Its the taxes, health insurance, liability insurance, workmans comp insurance, OSHA, EPA, etc, thats driving business overseas.

We have only ONE hope. Insist on American Made Goods. If we don't make it, we don't NEED it. The Almighty dollar controls EVERYTHING. And as much money as the rich have, the average joe's dollars outweigh them. The average Joe can swing the pendulum back. But it won't be without cost. We will need to sacrafice some convenience of the "I want it all now".

<Stepping down off soap box>
Old 06-20-2006, 06:54 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Legos

Did you guys know that the Lego company has sent it's plant to Mexico? Not an American based company, but they had a plant here in the U.S.

We should chop off the head of CEO's with a dull knife if they take their business to a third world country.

REVOLUTION!!! REVOLUTION!!!!
Old 06-21-2006, 06:04 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenaway2long
Larry-
You KNOW I'm not a fan of the Unions, but I have to clarify something. Its the taxes, health insurance, liability insurance, workmans comp insurance, OSHA, EPA, etc, thats driving business overseas.
================================================== ====

That is exactly right!!!!!!!!

Get rid of that crap and I would be thrilled to death to payoff some union leader to leave me alone.

Last edited by Centerline; 06-26-2006 at 08:54 PM. Reason: fixed quote syntax
Old 06-21-2006, 04:58 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAIRB
Did you guys know that the Lego company has sent it's plant to Mexico? Not an American based company, but they had a plant here in the U.S.
We should chop off the head of CEO's with a dull knife if they take their business to a third world country.
REVOLUTION!!! REVOLUTION!!!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++

Perhaps the EPA came in and wanted him to have a procedure in writing for putting on a respirator?

Perhaps OSHA wrote him up for not color coordinating the toilet paper with the towels?

Perhaps he is afraid he will be sued for to much fat content in the Lego's like KFC is? Some paints are made with "fatty acids" and maybe that is what he uses?

Perhaps he was worried about some 450 lb house wife stepping on a Lego and falling on top of new big screen TV and crushing it and then rolling outside and crushing her new vibe and him getting sued?

Perhaps he just got tired of for every $50,000 a year he pays an employee he spends the SAME amount on average for SS, Workman's Comp, Medical insurance and DOL premiums.

Or hell, maybe he hates Democrats and just wants to spend his money elsewhere or should I say add it to the bottom line and buy a new jet or an extra girlfriend?

Bless him!
If more companies will do this you will get your revolt and people will start shooting the wackos like the Kennedy's that want all these take from the rich and give to the poor programs.

NAIRB, I now you hate successful people but the bottom line is there is no free lunch.

Last edited by BarryK; 06-21-2006 at 05:05 PM.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:37 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

I thought that Lego was originally a Swedish company.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:56 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Carburetor
Last journal entry: Clean up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Could it be that people who make 12 bucks an hour with two kids don't give a rats * where their goods are made? Oh no! Could it be big American business dug its own damned grave in the 80's peddling junk to trusting consumers and letting the Japanese engineer a far superior product?

Its amazing how we discuss the responsibility of the individual long before that of the corporation.

K
Old 06-21-2006, 08:28 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++

Perhaps the EPA came in and wanted him to have a procedure in writing for putting on a respirator?

Perhaps OSHA wrote him up for not color coordinating the toilet paper with the towels?

Perhaps he is afraid he will be sued for to much fat content in the Lego's like KFC is? Some paints are made with "fatty acids" and maybe that is what he uses?

Perhaps he was worried about some 450 lb house wife stepping on a Lego and falling on top of new big screen TV and crushing it and then rolling outside and crushing her new vibe and him getting sued?

Perhaps he just got tired of for every $50,000 a year he pays an employee he spends the SAME amount on average for SS, Workman's Comp, Medical insurance and DOL premiums.

Or hell, maybe he hates Democrats and just wants to spend his money elsewhere or should I say add it to the bottom line and buy a new jet or an extra girlfriend?

Bless him!
If more companies will do this you will get your revolt and people will start shooting the wackos like the Kennedy's that want all these take from the rich and give to the poor programs.

NAIRB, I now you hate successful people but the bottom line is there is no free lunch.

I absolutely don't hate successful people. You have to define success. There's no doubt that we need less regulation, but we also have to realize that there is a human standard to be met.

In my book, it should be illegal to buy goods that are manufactured where poor worker standards are realized. That means slave labor in Mexico or China shouldn't even be on the market here in the U.S.

There is no doubt that there's far too much red tape in the work place. It's been stated before that it's not so much the wages that are killing employers, it's all of the residual expense.

Lego isn't based here in the U.S., but it's just an example of how this stuff is going on globally. It's real simple, it's just industrial barons that have absolutlely no scruples.

The chinese hot rod parts deal is a good example. The stuff is junk. We buy it for marginally lower prices than the U.S. made stuff, and it's not even close in quality. Some chinaman made diddly making it, the manufacturer counted on the american consumer and the chinese producer. The owner makes out like a bandit, but both the consumer and the workers get gyped.

It is a two way street. I think we need to close that street down.

What we need is a sensible balance of labor rules and wages. Not the incredibly ridiculous OHSA regs.

You're not the only one who has had employees. I would cut a few CEO's heads off with a rusty knife and lose absolutely no sleep over it.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:54 PM

Last photo:

Nairb,
Of course it does you or me no good to ***** about it because there is nothing we can do.

The only thing that does keep me going is everytime one of these crooked Politicians or CEO's get prosecuted.

We have had a lot of them in GA the last 4-5 years because the FBI sent one guy down here just to investigate the elected officials.

It does give me a cheap high everytime one of these guys goes to jail.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:28 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK
Nairb,
Of course it does you or me no good to ***** about it because there is nothing we can do.

The only thing that does keep me going is everytime one of these crooked Politicians or CEO's get prosecuted.

We have had a lot of them in GA the last 4-5 years because the FBI sent one guy down here just to investigate the elected officials.

It does give me a cheap high everytime one of these guys goes to jail.

There is something we can do. We need to put non-dems and non-republicans in office. If we let of some sarin gas in the congress and senate, then we can start over.

Actually, I'm preferring to see a revisit to the French Revolution. We'll just clean house, and put some regular folks back in charge.

Get out the guillotine.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:11 AM

Last photo:

Your right and if you think about it who would be better than a Bill Gates?

He could give a crap about the oil companies, He hates Govt intrusion into business, he can't be bought.

We had our chance with Ross Perot.

The last thing we need as president is another silver spoon feed pansy A** that has never worked a real job in their life.
Such as a Kerry, Kennedy, Bush and the list goes on and on.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:51 PM

Last photo:

Yup....seems to me that unions aren't good for much. There are twice as many people than needed working on union jobs and everyone gets paid a lot more for doing nothing..........a specialty guy for every little thing........driving up costs.The company I work for was doing a job where there were union pipefitters. They complained about everything and generally acted like a bunch of bully kids on the playground. Even complained when there was too much noise and they couldn't eat their lunch in peace.....give me a friggin break! Throwing things at people they thought were somehow interfering with them even if they were 100' away minding their own business!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.