Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - A unique BBC application
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 10:08 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Blazin, dont knock that 351w! This is my first BBC- all of my other boats have SBF's. Its pretty easy to take that 351w and add about 75hp. The holeshot and midrange power are pretty sweet! This is how I set up my Ski Nautique. The cubes of the BBC allow it to swing a pretty serious prop though...

So no recommendations on a cam? Ive yet to call Herbert- Id like to have a basis for comparison before I do. Here are a few Comp bumpsticks that fall within the RPM ranges Im shooting for. A few are from the Marine Energy Line, the others from the Extreme Energy Line. Should I look at other cams? Would another line serve me better? Comments welcome!

XM270H

XM278H

XM288H

XE268H

XE274H

Again, the set up in question involves a 454ci with 10:1 CR, 990 rectangle port heads and a Performer RPM intake. For comparison purposes, I'm assuming we'll be able to put out hands on a decent flowing set of shorty header style wet exhaust manifolds with 4" outlets (straight piped all the way back). I'm looking for the best powerband in the 2500-5800 RPM range.