Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - A unique BBC application
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 08:41 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I have a Velvet drive on mine and it's standard rotation. I could get a number once the snow melts off the cover.

I put a Comp XS268s solid flat tappet in mine because It was laying around, At the same time I bolted a set of L29 Vortec heads on the stock bottom end after rings and bearings, some roller rockers and a performer intake.

I never did like the angle the carb sat at so I bought an angle spacer or tilt shim that Glen L sells, http://www.boatdesigns.com/Tilt-Shim...ctinfo/90-410/

While apart I also wondered how you could get the oil to the dipstick full line without the crank running in oil all the time, after confirming it wasn't possible I built a larger sump , kicked out and level with the bottom of the boat.

All I can say is WOW and no issues getting to 58 mph... My Eliminator might be a little lighter than your boat but not by much. It's amazing.. Love it! and not as nice an engine as yours.