Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - A unique BBC application
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 08:01 PM
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Originally Posted by TRBenj
No need to pull the numbers off the Velvet- all of them can be spun in either direction. You just need to index the pump correctly. Yours spins LH because its bolted up to a LH engine. Mine spins RH because its bolted to a RH engine. What it cant do is change the direction of rotation... so the prop rotation (which I am keeping RH) needs to match the engine rotation... thus, the RH engine.

58mph out of a ski boat is serious. HP is only part of the picture though- a fast hull will make up for lack of hp. I know of a 17' wooden inboard produced in the early 60's with a stepped hull that would run in the mid 50's with a stock 210hp y-block.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking but had to check. and my I thought you could change the pump direction.

why don't you want to change the direction of your motor? Drivers seat on mine is on the right hand side.. Perhaps not ultimate but I don't think it's really noticeable.

Last edited by airboat; 03-04-2012 at 08:08 PM.