Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Unique cooling problem??
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 01:09 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

thanks for the replys.

This is actually the second pump from edelbrock i have tried, with the same problem. I had pulled the cover on both pumps to verify the proper impeller. I have the standard rotation pump and am using grooved pullies, not the reverse smooth ones usually run in serpentine belt setups. The rad is higher than the waterneck and i even have a proper catch can, sunking in to the rad from the bottom hose

I had tried filling the engine up from the thermostat and that didnt work. tried jacking up to help the air along, with no success. Even tried running the engine without the thermostat and then pull the water neck to drop in the thermostat so the block stayed full. Ive done a pile of reading and decided to run a bypass from the manifold to the pump like a heater core would normally do, the benefits seem to large to ignore even without this little problem, as well as the high flow Mr. Gasket thermostat. I'll post a picture when im done ant let ya know what actually solved the problem, if any. Using -10 AN fittings so it will all match my engine polish nicely

Last edited by Scrumgees; 04-09-2010 at 01:18 PM.