Hot Rod Forum banner

Unisteer installation on 32 Ford

9K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Deuce 
#1 ·
I have a 32 ford 3 window that I am installing a Marval Unisteer into. Does anyone have pictures of resent installs they have done. Is the Unisteer to be mounted parallel with the tie rod? If so, then the unit hang very low. If you mount in the location of the vega box, then the unit is at angle. Anyone have any pictures or better instructions than provided by the manufacturer. Thanks for any help.

#2 ·
#4 ·
heyjude076 said:
Hi Deuce

Something I did not pick up on when I first saw these pics - no panhard bar? Is that because of Unisteer, 4 bar link or a combination of both?
I have a panhard bar ... it is just not installed in the photo ...

LOOK on the left side of the chassis ... just below the frame rail ... at the front crossmember and you can see the bracket hanging down a little. I used a TCI panhard bar setup. In fact ... all the front suspension came from TCI. I used the original 32 Ford frame rails from under my 32 3W ... ( complete with the matching numbers to the title ) but then added the TCI " phase III " show setup.

#9 ·
Unisteer

Hi Deuce, I'm the newbie!!! Thanks for the welcome. I'm doing over my 32 5w. I see the pics of the Unisteer setup on yours. You say you have a vega box in your other 32. I'm considering going that route. Putting in a 351 windsor and it's pretty tight and busy with the vega box with oil filter, fuel pump, and rad hose all in that area. Looks like I'd have more room with Unisteer. Which do you like better? Thanks, Lou By the way beautiful cars!!

#10 ·
I answered your PM ...

Sorry for the delay BUT I was out of town for a week. The wife and I went to The Rodders Journal event in Baltimore MD. For a first show ... it was KILLER. Great location, well organized and LOTS of 32 Fords.

My 3W @ Baltimore :D

There was a very high percentage of 32 Fords there

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.