Hot Rod Forum banner

UnStamped block whats it worth?

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  k-star 
#1 ·
I picked up a 454 block its a 1969 high nickel Block but not stamped to any particular vehicle. It was checked at a machine shop and deck height is still 9.8. I heard these are kinda rare and worth some cash since it could turn a non matching numbers car from 1969 into a matching numbers car. So whats it worth?

#6 ·
Sorry the block is a 427 block. I ran the numbers on Mortec and it said 69 427 2 or 4 bolt. Its a 4 bolt block.

I'm not sayin I am guna try some scam or try to make $ off it just heard it was something desired since its not stamped yet doesnt matter to me either way really was just curious

#8 ·
Its not been stamped the story that follows the block is that it was an out the back door kinda thing awhile back. It was also checked at a machine shop and they said it was 9.8 . The block is not stamped there so does it possess any more value than other specifically stamped 4 bolt 427's or not?

#9 ·
block

The value is in a block that "IS" stamped. The people that are restoring cars look for all the correct stampings as well as the correct date and casting codes.......

If you are looking along the vin codes lines it is against the law to stamp vin numbers on the block, so there is zero additional value in a non stamped block over one with the vin codes,,,, Unless someone plans on a scam / lie!!!!!!!!!

The only thing to look at is it's a 427 from 1969......In this area of the country about $500/$750 depending on woh is looking at the time....

JA, i am with you on this one... People that do this should be treated just like someone that robs a bank..........

Keith

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.