Update - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2003, 04:52 PM
Fantastically cannibalistic!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Update- Black is good.

This is an update on the shovel. If you new or would just like a reminder, the link is here.

These pictures aren't that great do to the dark shop and cloud cover today. The little spots you may see in the paint are not actually in the paint, they are merely raindrops. This is right after 48 hrs of cure time in the shop, no buffing or sanding and polishing has occurred. These are only fender shots, the tanks are with the bike as it is being wired and set up for fitment and routing.

48 hrs isn't needed for HOK products to cure enough before you can buff it, 24 is recommended by HOK themselves, but I've personally done it 18 hours after without a baking booth, but 24 is deffinatly the least reccomended for personal paint work and not production line jobs that have deadlines. I waited 48 only because I was otherwise occupied durring the weekend.

HK

Will update more after the holiday when the bike is on the road and all in one peice.

HK

Advertisement

Last edited by Halloweenking; 11-24-2003 at 09:40 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2003, 12:31 AM

Last photo:

mighty fine job there HK.
Old 11-25-2003, 09:47 AM
NYOFP4RJ3CHRIS

Lookin' gooood man!

I like how you showed the reflection in the mirror...I mean paint to show how smooth the surface is. That's what's nice about black, it's the hardest to get to look good, but is the most rewarding for excellent bodywork.
Old 11-25-2003, 06:59 PM

Last photo:

Thank you guys.

I wish it was a clearer day so the pics would have turned out better, but you have to take what you can get. Possibly by monday or tuesday of next week I will have the finished bike to show.

HK
Old 11-26-2003, 02:43 AM
Old Salt

Last photo:

Great looking work. Pics from the new camera are working well! Have your hands healed from the horse carving?
I like your work!
Dutch
Old 11-26-2003, 06:14 PM

Last photo:

New camera? I'm using a co workers Fuji to take these.

Hands are tough, the shavings didn't really bother my hands, it was my arms that got the brunt of it. Good thing it was steel and not aluminum though, a strong magnet helped.

HK
Old 11-26-2003, 07:26 PM
Acoustic Rock ... for real.

Last journal entry: About Fusible Links
Last photo:

Wow ... those clouds are really purty!

Hey, man ... LOOKIN' GOOD!!! Boy, the horse REALLY looks great, now that it's painted! Them are beautiful fenders, too.

Rock on, bro'.

Alan
54 Chevy Pickup
Old 11-28-2003, 08:07 AM
Be the MIRACLE!

Last journal entry: Running boards (part DUEX)
Last photo:

Looks good HK. The horse turned out really well. You probably have the title to your bike but after reading some bike threads on here. If at some time when I get the 38 done and I want to try to build a bike using different frame and engine parts, how do you guys go about getting a title made for it?
Old 11-28-2003, 12:23 PM

Last photo:

38, it all depends. If you start completely from scratch with an aftermarket engine and trans you'd have to get a custom build title from the DMV. If you just start with a HD ( or other model) basket case that has no title you can get a reissued title from many places by using the engines serial numbers. In the case of the second your bike will be titled as the year and model that engine was made for even if the only thing on the bike thats stock is the case.

Just remember when you get to it that building bikes is just like cars, you can use old take off parts from newer bikes to build your custom. You don't have to buy billet crap or rims that cost more than you got the bike for.

Hows the 38 coming? Whats new with the monster since the last we spoke. I'd like to keep up with the e-mails to all the folks here, but my plate has been overflowing the past few months, its just now starting to slow down a bit.

HK
Old 12-01-2003, 07:58 PM
Be the MIRACLE!

Last journal entry: Running boards (part DUEX)
Last photo:

The 38 is coming along just fine. Got it tucked away in the garage for the winter. Was unseasonably warm 2 weeks ago and I got the dents beat out of the fenders. I finally got some gas for the welder and am presently working on welding up rust holes in the fenders, headlights (tear drop shaped, originals). Have the hood sides temporarily in place but will have to cut a few inches off the frame and make new brackets to get the gothic nose to fit back on. My plans are to finish the body work this winter and be ready to strip and paint tin in the spring. May have to stop for the holiday season. The quartet is singing at several places. Dec. is always a busy month for us plus I've been working 9 1/2 hours a day. They're finally hiring me some additional help tomarrow. Now of course I have to go Christmas shopping. Seems the family wants gifts again this year and guess who gets to fund Santa's bank account? (we all do!)
Old 12-05-2003, 06:29 PM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:

hey hk, that is a FAT fender! now that you got your hands on a camera, you gotta placate Weimeriener with whatever he wanted pictures of? hahaha. i finally got my bike parts all sandblasted like two weeks ago. took them up to my friend in bellingham to take to the powdercoaters and so far, even tho he took two days off this week, hasnt taken my crap down there! jeezus! i just called the stupid place twice today and they never answered the phone, nor did they call me back last week end either! i wish i would have just sanded the crap down and repainted it! the sandblasting took so long and was such a paint in my Nooksack i will never do it again with one of those little piles of crap sandblasters! this same friend's dad has one of those little pos and i used it to sandblast the inside of my trucks service box. i spent so many days up there busting my asteroid and i only was able to get half of my box done. glad yer bikes coming alone bro, sam

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.