Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Update on 36 CORD engine swap
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 04:14 PM

Last wiki edit: Wheelbase database Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrycord View Post
Hi Joe,you're right,the 79 Eldo uses the TH325,the TH425 was used on the earlier (1978&down) big blocks,the main reason i chose the 79 Cad. was the frame with the 350C.I. Olds eng.& TH325 trans.with all suspension is a perfect fit in the Cord bay which eliminates a ton of $$$ fabrication work.while it may not be much of a performer it'll be dependable and have enough power for highway driving. I do plan to make a few changes,like a good F.I. unit & ignition system.

Thanks for the reply Joe,warmest regards,Jerry
If that's the port fuel injected 350 Olds, be aware that in stock form that EFI uses an antique analog computer. There isn't even an O2 sensor. People have successfully ditched the steam-powered computer and converted to a modern digital computer using a Megasquirt or even a later factory GM ECU with a new PROM. Just get the computer controlled distributor from a 1980s Olds 307, which plugs into the digital GM ECUs with only a connector change.

And while you already have the TH325, consider swapping it for a TH325-4L. The latter is the four speed overdrive version of the TH325 and is based on the 200-4R. The TH325-4L should bolt in place of the TH325.