Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - update on me painting..
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 10:45 PM
two cups of tea

Last wiki edit: Need more horsepower for my 305 Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Yeah thanks guys I was lost..well turns out my regulator was shot so I wasn't getting the right air flow..the purple guns are now my primer guns&loan out ones.The devilbiss was awesome got a 1.3 1.4&1.5 tip plus the best regulator I've had yet for 182 shipped&its so easy to set up..it was like it came dialed in for my application.I saw some guys who swore by the purple gun..I've had 2 fall apart in my hand...everybody said get a pro gun&you'll tell the difference!Well I do
I know this is a entry level gun but I don't see a point in spending 700 for something else I'm gonna buy 2 more one for primer one for clear&mine for base.Literally no problems with paint or clear.Only issues I had was snotty prep work. like I said I shot it so many times then took it back down&not fully understanding the steps In block sanding &the correct grits.But I think if I wouldn't have reworked the body so much I would have been ok.And from now on instead of 3 coats of high build primer..I think Ill do 3 block&shoot 3 more block&see where I need to be.