Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - update on me painting..
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 12:24 AM
two cups of tea

Last wiki edit: Need more horsepower for my 305 Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Let me explain this as best as I can in hopes you guys will set my but straight..I don't wanna go through this in the future.I the first time I painted the rig just scuffed with 400 then 500 over primer..it came out ok..since then I was using 80 grit&going right through the metal.Shot the high build primer I could see the scratch marks bad!Sanded it back down then primer etc..I just want the body to look as good as the paint I've been on this for 2 months..my paint is laying like glass.I've decided to take a full week&do nothing but prep allday.
So should I strip to bare metal?there's already a lot of spots where I hit metal.The main issues are where I removed the badges.The bed &grill,bumpers etc I left alone.So should I take it all down then go from 150 to 320 to 400&6-8 coats of 2 k high build primer?.Too be noted it was like as I was sanding the painted wasn't fully cleared&would look like hairs in the base...but main it laid like glass!Its nuts.
PLEASE help with how to fix these sanding scratches