Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - update on me painting..
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 10:50 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroatkid View Post
It was pretty warm in my shop it was dry to the touch in a matter of minutes..sorry if I seem obnoxious I just want this thint looking great now that does paint does...I'm gonna finish sanding down today then shoot with primer&let it sit over nite to see if it shrinks..does that sound good?
in this weather maybe longer. The nail test as mentioned is good but even if it passes that you next gauge it on how it sands. If it starts to clog paper stop immediately. I personally like to at least kind of half arse go over any 400 grit scratches with 500-600 on a scuff pad to sort of buffer scratches out a bit when going silver, but that's just me. If I were at home I'd go to 500 then do the half arse sanding with 600 or may even wet sand with 400 then 600, reguide coating it, but that's merely cause I personally like how the metallic flakes look over a 600 scratch, but it's not a deal breaker. Just my opinion. I car and industry standard does say 600 over silver but it's not as important as they make it seem and what deadbodyman mentioned is good enough.I once worked with an old man who used 220 for everything and used 2k for a sealer...you bet them scratches came back on silver.