Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - update on me painting..
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 06:19 PM
two cups of tea

Last wiki edit: Need more horsepower for my 305 Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

First off I sent this to someone who is a great help with tips&pointers&greatest!Ill keep his name a secret but wanted to also ask on here not because he won't help cause I'm sure he wi just because you guys have been with me through all of this also..so here's a somewhat copy&paste...I just couldn't get the scratches to fill so I did something I thought would really take care of it
It didn't I hit the bad scratch spots in a glofball size shape&just shot tons of hi build primer till it looked like whipped topping.. It was the wrong thing to do..&after about a hour I tryd to sand it down&it made a pile of crap .I'm guessing it wasn't cured enough..well the problem with the scratch marks still showing ended up being because my cheap hf gun I've been using for primer wasn't cutting it.So I used my new gun(which I was trying not to use for primer) it fixed it all. With the 1.8 tip...can I wait overnite till these blotches I sprayed&I really laid it on can I sand em down&feather them then spot shoot where needed?
Bust my chops all you want I deserve it I'm new to this I have nobody but you guys&my email helper..but I will not lie when I screw up Ill admit when I do something wrong&I won't give up!I mean my paint really laid like glass no orange peel I'm taking extra time making sure I mix correctly&I'm not using cheap stuff any longer..I had 6 hf purple guns&there two 'pro' gun kit..I tool stripped down parts I may be able to use&through the guns In the trash&if anyone can recommend any good dvds on this type of work Ill buy em.
I can't think of any work more fulfilling then taking some old&making it look new.I know I'm a far way away but I've made up my mind this 100&a zillion % want to do this.Tomorrow I'm even gonna call some paint&body shops&ask if I can work
For free for month or two to learn.
Please just tell ke how to fix this screw up I have for the da 80 grit,150 220 320&400..for the block 500,1000,80,&400 HELP