Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - update on me painting..
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 12:32 AM
two cups of tea

Last wiki edit: Need more horsepower for my 305 Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Another question..first of doubt Ill do it.But I have some single stage dark gray since the paint hasn't even been on 25 hours can I just scuff the clear&shoot it?
I'm pretty sure that the SS will solve the problem that stuff is thicker then a 20 dollar milkshake... the reason I'm not sure about using it is the SS doesn't seem to flow as great in the cold in the summer I shot SS and it came out great this past summer. just takes so long to flash when cold even with a fast activator. I'm scared I'll just make it worse.
So I figured I could try on the hood since I have to sand&reshoot.I mean the silver only has minor flaws and you can't see it from a few feet away.But even with it being a daily driver it's a really nice lifted truck I have brand new interior and 2000 dollars an oversized wheels and tires
Kinda sucks to say hey I painted it myself and scratches ruin the awesome paint work.The wife says to live with it as by summer I'll be buying a Cummins and swapping out the tires left and interior. so it's either deal with it for now repaint it later or shoot a single stage... sorry so long anyway if I have to shoot the SS what do I need to do to prep. here's a pic of the SS I did in the summer.
I'VE LEARNED MY LESSON IF YOU DON'T HAVE GOOD LIGHTING GO GET SOME BEFORE YOU PAINT