Hot Rod Forum banner

Update on my 34

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  302 Z28 
#1 · (Edited)
Well it seem I'll have to cut off the motor stands off the frame and move the motor & trans back about 1.5" to get clearance for a fan. I can't seem to figure out why this car has no room at the front for a fan. The way it was set up there would have been less than .75" form Rad to fan (mechanical) with an electric it would it the water pump pulley.

It's a good thing I bought this project at a good price.... :D

Regards

Where it was an now...

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I have an insert in the shell and I can't get the Rad into the shell enough to give me room. Pusher wasn't recommended by local Rod Shop, this car is a Pro street with a narrowed back end, the body is set and can't be moved. I don't know if they may have something to do with it.

Vince,

Bruce will be going to breakfast with Bruce and the gang if you like to go then pick up Bruce's hoist and pull the motor, should be at the house by 11:00am Saturday. Also bought the Afco Rad I hope this give me a little more in the shell.

Steve

Attachments

#7 ·
I would love to have .75 inches between the fan and rad. in my 36 coupe. I would not have moved the motor back at all and I would never run an electric if I had room for a mechanical. Fans in front of the radiator are more inefficient and I would consider that as a last resort. But sounds as if you have it whipped now, assuming you have your tranny located as well and the drive shaft shortened and the pinion angle corrected.

Trees

#9 ·
Steve, sorry I did make it by this last weekend, we were pretty busy looking at houses. I think we looked at about 12 or 14, I lost count. We found a house on 2 acres with a 3 car garage we may make an offer on.

Looks like you made some good progress. Where did you get that snazzy engine/trans stand?

Vince

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.