Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Update on Streetbeasts lawsuits and George G. Levin
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 04:07 AM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Principal. Let us discuss that a bit further.

If I understand what was said in the locked thread, it seems that- at some point- you represented yourself as an unbiased consumer of your own product. And as that "unbiased consumer", you provided a positive "review" of the product, w/o disclosing that you were- in fact- the purveyor of that product and not merely a "satisfied customer". You had an agenda, or so it would seem, to dupe the unwary by misrepresenting yourself in this manner. So about the post being removed, I'd call it a wash, at worst.

In many cases, this would be grounds for outright banishment. In that you've been allowed to stay, should be an indication to you that your post was what was a problem, not your participation in this forum, per se.

The upshot of all this- the way I see it- is, that post is likely going to stay edited, and to continue harping on this same point could easily be construed as flaming (a punishable offense, IIRC), if it's not spam like you've insisted.

You might not realize it, but you- as I and the rest of us- are here as guests of Jon. There are no "rights" to being able to post here- it's a privilege, and I suggest you start treating it as such.