Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Update on Streetbeasts lawsuits and George G. Levin
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 09:51 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Streetbeast

Yes it was and I just passed typing, almost 50 years ago. Well if you get your welder fixed, and know how to weld, you can get the frame done. Just measure twice and cut once and you have it made. One thing about working with fiberglass is if you don't like it glass it up and do it over. You have to learn sometime and a glass car is, to my way of thinking a lot easier than steel. I don't know how far you are on your car, but you have to come up with a plan, lay it out and check it off as you go. I never did go much with the book they gave you to put the car together, did look at it once in awhile, but most of the time we went with the check list we made up. I also don't know how many street rods you have built, so maybe you have to go by the book.
I started building cars when I was 12 years old, and I mean building one, not helping my dad, he was not into cars. I( also worked in a junk yard when I was 12, so getting cars or bodies was not a problem. That was in 1956, so of course the new cars were 56, my job , cut cars up, and you can guess how many would be street rods I cut up. I did set the nice 30'S cars aside, so I had an endless supply.
Well just take your time, cars are not built in a day by one or two guys having fun, and really that's what this is all about, having fun learning about cars bench racing and having a good feeling at the end of the day knowing you are building a car.

Later and just get her done 35terraplane