Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Update on Streetbeasts lawsuits and George G. Levin
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 02:08 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

streetbeast 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcar
My Streetbeast Willys arrived. Probably the last 41 Willys they produced. I'm having a local builder look it over next week. I paid $2,500 extra for a tilt front. They bolted the old hood to the fender section and hey!, a single piece tilt front. the edges are uneven, cracked and chipped. No way to repair without taking it apart. The fenders are badly tweeked and won't sit down against the body. It's headed for the land fill. The trunk lid has no hardware. The door jambs have no latch hardware. No grill ($500.00?), no head lights, no wiring harness, no tail lights, no carpeting, no headliner material; etc. etc.. All of which was paid for. Also no radiator that I paid $780.00 extra for. The body was supposed to be sanded to 400 grit, nope. I'm also expecting $1,950 for overpayment on a front end that was canceled due to the closing of the company and no time to order and install. I know Bob Southern did all he could. I believe Bob is a good man and wanted to do all he could to deliver a good car. It just didn't happen. The money due? We'll see. Well, I could give up but I'm going to try and salvage this mess.
What has happened to our country? Why does this tpye of thing happen everywhere? No pride, no honesty or fair play? Just greed, lies and selfishness. What can I say? Hope all of you are well and let's hope for a better year; and our Warriors safe return from overseas.
Sorry to hear you fell under the got screwed banner, but if it will help you out, I have a wiring harness for a 34 CMC, SB or whatever, If you want it I will give it to you, as I used an Enos board in my 33, it might work it might not but all you can do is try it.I had about everything in the 33 digital dash, a/c, pw, remote door and trunk opener, FI engine, now I never checked it, but it's free so let me know.

Bob