Update on Streetbeasts lawsuits and George G. Levin - Page 5 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2010, 10:27 AM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65galaxie
Wondering if anyone has had any luck contacting StreetBeasts lately? Can't seem to get anyone to answer the phones (tried all 4 numbers I have including direct lines) and left lots of messages but not response. Looking for someone who may know the fate. I'm waiting on a wiring harness for my '34 coupe from them.
I believe that consistency is your greatest asset. Call every week and leave a short but polite message on Bob S.'s voicemail and I'm sure he'll respond. Back in Feb. they were no longer producing cars as the economy was (and for the most part still is) in the tank. Yet, I still received my windows for my '34 StreetBeasts Convertible.

Hopefully, Streetbeasts will be sold by George Levin to someone respectable who'll right the ship and provide for the company. I DO believe the people that work there care greatly about their product. However, I DON'T believe George Levin cares at all about how he runs this company on a shoestring budget.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2010, 04:39 PM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

More press on Levin. First, this article from the Miami Herald: Lawsuit: Scott Rothstein had plenty of help in scam. The article quotes from an alleged Levin email from the lawsuit:

Quote:
"If we don't make Doug's payment tomorrow, I am afraid the game will be over!... He is nuts and very suspicious of us!'' Levin wrote, according to the suit.
Also, Bob Norman, the reporter who initially blew the whistle on Rothstein, has an interesting blog posting up today that quotes some alleged Rothstein and Levin emails that came out in a lawsuit against alleged conspirators in the Ponzi.

Quote:
In his massive new 1,329 amended complaint, Scherer clarifies his view on Levin, the wealthy Fort Lauderdale businessman who was responsible for pumping $657 million into the Ponzi through his Banyon hedge funds.

He mentions in his suit that another Levin company, Classic Motor Carriages, was convicted of a fraud charge and calls the Ponzi scheme "Classic Motors 2.0."

"Similar to his operation of Classic Motor Carriages, Levin relied on others in Banyon to do his 'dirty work' in an attempt to insulate him from both criminal and civil liability," Scherer alleges.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:13 PM

Last journal entry: JB's 37 Pickup
Last photo:

Makes you wonder why and how Levin can continue pursuing a frivolous lawsuit against Jon and HR.com?

Trees
Old 04-22-2010, 07:34 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Bernie Madoff and George Lavin.... two peas in a pod.

I noticed a week or so ago that Streetslime was trying to sell new Cobra kits on e-bay. The buy it now price was under 10 grand, 6 thousand less than their retail pricing..... and they still can't sell them.

With the state of the economy, all the negative press and internet information out there on Streetslime's business practices, not to mention Lavin's current troubles tells me that Streetslime's days are numbered. Hopefully the next owners will have nothing to do with Lavin.... but he has a way of selling that business to himself, changing the name and soldiering on so even then.... caveat emptor.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:34 AM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:

Old 04-23-2010, 03:58 PM
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty

Last wiki edit: Pilot bearing and bushings
Last journal entry: roof repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboy

Right there with you Dewey.

Cole
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2102.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	45330  
Old 04-23-2010, 08:21 PM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboy
MOAR PICS of your car or BAN!

ps. Get out of the way so we can see the car!!
Old 04-24-2010, 07:18 AM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95
...ps. Get out of the way so we can see the car!!
But I'm such a handsome dude...and so impeccably dressed.

Okay, just one without me blocking the view. [Gobs more in my journal. ]

Old 05-02-2010, 12:36 PM
Rebel with a Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK
It is wild but good reading.

You would have thought with that kind of money he would have bought a better looking wife.

Lol. Yeah, really.
I like this quote from that pic story; "I dated Kimmie when she worked at the bar and I was in college. I always thought she was a little strange because she never took off her shoes when we had sex."

They're all going down in a burning ring of fire.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:25 PM

Last photo:

OK it's a month later...

Let's have some update on the lawsuit. I realize court proceedings are REAL slow (and expensive) but what's happening? Just a few bux more and we will get it over $5K...
Old 06-08-2010, 02:45 PM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR BEADS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by user151
Let's have some update on the lawsuit. I realize court proceedings are REAL slow (and expensive) but what's happening? Just a few bux more and we will get it over $5K...

Excellent.

Get your donation in and it will go over 5 g's.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:07 PM

Free Speech

HotRodders are hypocrytes...you do not believe in Free Speech, refer postings by Roland Geitenbeek a few years ago when you allowed lies and defamatory comments to be posted and then denied a right to reply. Then you censored Roland Geitenbeeks replies and basically denied him the rights to Free Speech.

Rather than fight this action yourself, using your own money to protect your rights...you are asking for donations from others, where are your principals?

Pay for your own actions and stop freeloading and re-instate the emails you censored in full, or pull down the entire thread!

You should implement a review policy and allow, after legitimate complaints are made, to pulling down defamatory comments that are without foundation...that would be fair and reasonable and will prevent future lawsiuts againts your Bulletin Board.

My full name is Roland Claude Geitenbeek and I write openly and honestly.

I sincerely hope that hottrodders will not remove, censor, or close down this thread or try to stop my accessing, or posting to this site in the future (As you have in the past)?

I urge you to stop being a hypocrite and allow equity and fairness in all postings, act in accordance with your stated belief and allow Free Speech and the right of reply when anonymous postings are made that are untrue and dafamatory.

Some of your readers and certainly I, would appreciate your response and a resolution to my earlier requests to take down the defamotary comments you continue to publish and disseminate.

Last edited by Roland Claude; 07-03-2010 at 07:16 PM. Reason: typo corrections
Old 07-03-2010, 07:15 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland Claude
HotRodders are hypocrytes...you do not believe in Free Speech, refer postings by Roland Geitenbeek a few years ago when you allowed lies and defamatory cooments to be posted and then denied a right to reply. Then you censored Roland Geitenbeeks replies and basically denied him the rights to Free Speech.

Rather than fight this action yourself, using your own money to protect your rights...you are asking for donations from others, wher are your principals?

Pay for your own actions and stop freeloading and re-instate the emails you censored in full, or pull down the entire thread!

You should implement a review policy and allow, after legitimate complaints are made, to pulling down defamatory comments that are without foundation...that would be fair and reasonable and will prevent future lawsiuts againts your Bulletin Board.

My full name is Roland Claude Geitenbeek and I write openly and honestly.

I sincerely hope that hottrodders will not remove, censore, or close down this thread or try to stop my accessing, or posting to this site in the future?

I urge you to stop being a hypocrite and allow equity and fairness in all postings, act in accordance with your stated belief and allow Free Speech and the right of reply when anonymous postings are made that are untrue and dafamatory.

Some of your readers and certainly I, would appreciate your response and a resolution to my earlier requests to take down the defamotary comments you continue to publish and disseminate.
I, for one, have no idea of who or what you're referring to or what postings you are talking about.

It sounds like you object to some posts having been removed, yet you are also calling for OTHER posts (that I assume you don't agree with) to be removed? THAT sounds like hypocrisy- to me at least.

Would you be so kind as to enlighten me?
Old 07-03-2010, 07:38 PM

The thread I referred to may be viewed at dna paints{what a waste of money}

This has now been closed.

It is easy under a pseudonym or false name to post lies and defamatory comments about someone in order to cause them damage.

I did try, on many occasions to contact the writer to explain the alleged problems to me and allow me the opportunity to make good any concerns they have, strangely, we never got a reply?

I then contacted HotRodders Forum and asked that they pull down the defamatory comments and was treated with disdain and disrespect.

The only mistake I made was a failure to understand the policy of promoting a business, for which I apologised. At the time, I was new to the internet and understood very little about the way in which things worked and am sure that I am not alone in that.

HotRodders ignored my repeated requests to take down the defamatory comments and to my knowledge, never tried to contact the writer to check the veracity of their posting.

I hope this explains things a little better.

Roland
Old 07-03-2010, 08:43 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

While it is somewhat curious that the majority of your post was deleted and not just the commercial advertising sections (unless the post was comprised of all commercial advertising), in my experience I believe Centerline has the best interest of this forum at heart.

BUT- I'm pretty sure I get the picture. And it is not a pretty one.

It seems to me that you've used this forum- yet again- in a self-serving manner. Why else drag up this whole thing after this long- the last post in the locked thread was back in 4-11-08- and had you not brought it back up, it would have slumbered there for eternity. But instead you bring it back to life, all moldy, festering and brain damaged.

W/all due respect, I think this is nothing more than a thinly disguised attempt to garner some free advertising/exposure- aka SPAM.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.