Update on Streetbeasts lawsuits and George G. Levin - Page 8 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2010, 04:48 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

streetbeast lawsuit update

I'm not sure whats going on here other than someone is suing Streetbeasts or being sued by them. I do know that Streetbeasts are a part of CMC or became Streetbeasts after CMC closed the doors. What I don't know is, is this about the car and how it's made or is it about the people that got the shaft.
I got a car from CMC 23 years ago, I paid less than half of what numbers I have seen here. When I saw the first body that they had at shows, ( I saw mine at a NSRA mini-nats. ) I thought they looked pretty good, I had never built a fiberglass car before, and I could have gotten a steel 33 at the time I was Looking at this one. There was just a body no frame, we made the deal, they wanted half down I would only give them a third. Now to make it clear I'm not one to part with a dollar very easy let alone buy some thing for over $7,000 without seeing it. I go by the saying buyer beware big time. Now at the time I was V.P. of MN Street Rod Association, and in charge of Commercial vendors at Back To The 50,S and they knew it. Anyway my in-laws lived in south Fl. So I went to the factory to look around, plus pick up my car and pay them off. They wanted me to use their trucking company which was going to charge big time to bring the car to MN. I had a trucking co. from MN. with me to pick it up they were not happy but they also wanted to do our show, so they gave me the car. I will say they did kind of did give me the V.I.P. treatment when I was there But things were already changeing. They were not so nice when after I opened the box and found the car was no where as nice as the one I had looked at or some that I had seen at the factory. But I'm a street rodder used to building cars from not much so I looked at it as that, I knew I was not going to get my money back or a new body so I did what I had to do, and it was a lot. one back fender flared out a inch , fix it, right in front of the pass. front door it dipped in , fixed it. The front cross member was too wide the car sat up like a 4X4, so we widened the front fenders 2" then saw that one fender was not right so I got a pair of fronts that were already widened cut the ones off glassed the new ones on they fit perfect. then I threw the grille shell away and fitted a valley grille to it. we ended up using 15 gal. of resin and a lot of glass. the frame was another nightmare, I ground all the welds down re-weled them then rounded them all with bondo, cut all the extra metal off the rear of the frame and set it up for a jag rearend.
We did lots of work on a car we thought we could just put it
together with a few changes, And I even went to the factory to check them out, I guess they guided me to what they wanted me to see. They were starting to have trouble a year after I got mine, I did let everyone in the club know and I would see other guys wrote about them. Then CMC stopped their ads in all the Mags. , and then out come Streetbeasts I knew right away it was the same car, the grille insert gives it away they are missing a bar on each side.
All I can say when it comes to making a big purchase buyer beware I don't care who it is check them outand go to the factory if you can and talk to someone that has the same or dealt with whoever, you spend a lot of money to buy one you sure want to see one first. Don't think that when you spend a lot that it will be an easy build, it might be but then again it might not, I have taken a trunk lid off of one 32 roadster and it was 1/2" shorter than the other steel cars.
I'm sure not here to defend Streetbeast or anyone else what I am saying is you are working on cars, that were made by man and they sure are going to need some work to go together, as far as the people that got the shaft from them, I feel sorry for you and I hope you get something out of this besides more heartache, but you have to cut off the head to kill it, other wise they just change names and keep on going, this isn't just with cars but other big noney items also, houses for one. Again I not sure if this is about the cars or getting the shaft, I would have thought by this time people would have stopped buying them it's been going on for 20 years.
If i may I 'm going to post some pictures of my car Thank you

35terraplane GET HER DONE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rear end 2.JPG
Views:	189
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	48100   Click image for larger version

Name:	front end valley grille 2.JPG
Views:	202
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	48101   Click image for larger version

Name:	side veiw 33.2JPG.JPG
Views:	220
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	48102   Click image for larger version

Name:	front end valley grille 1.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	48103   Click image for larger version

Name:	tail  lights 1 33.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	48104  

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2010, 05:20 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35terraplane
I'm not sure whats going on here other than someone is suing Streetbeasts or being sued by them. I do know that Streetbeasts are a part of CMC or became Streetbeasts after CMC closed the doors. What I don't know is, is this about the car and how it's made or is it about the people that got the shaft.
I got a car from CMC 23 years ago, I paid less than half of what numbers I have seen here. When I saw the first body that they had at shows, ( I saw mine at a NSRA mini-nats. ) I thought they looked pretty good, I had never built a fiberglass car before, and I could have gotten a steel 33 at the time I was Looking at this one. There was just a body no frame, we made the deal, they wanted half down I would only give them a third. Now to make it clear I'm not one to part with a dollar very easy let alone buy some thing for over $7,000 without seeing it. I go by the saying buyer beware big time. Now at the time I was V.P. of MN Street Rod Association, and in charge of Commercial vendors at Back To The 50,S and they knew it. Anyway my in-laws lived in south Fl. So I went to the factory to look around, plus pick up my car and pay them off. They wanted me to use their trucking company which was going to charge big time to bring the car to MN. I had a trucking co. from MN. with me to pick it up they were not happy but they also wanted to do our show, so they gave me the car. I will say they did kind of did give me the V.I.P. treatment when I was there But things were already changeing. They were not so nice when after I opened the box and found the car was no where as nice as the one I had looked at or some that I had seen at the factory. But I'm a street rodder used to building cars from not much so I looked at it as that, I knew I was not going to get my money back or a new body so I did what I had to do, and it was a lot. one back fender flared out a inch , fix it, right in front of the pass. front door it dipped in , fixed it. The front cross member was too wide the car sat up like a 4X4, so we widened the front fenders 2" then saw that one fender was not right so I got a pair of fronts that were already widened cut the ones off glassed the new ones on they fit perfect. then I threw the grille shell away and fitted a valley grille to it. we ended up using 15 gal. of resin and a lot of glass. the frame was another nightmare, I ground all the welds down re-weled them then rounded them all with bondo, cut all the extra metal off the rear of the frame and set it up for a jag rearend.
We did lots of work on a car we thought we could just put it
together with a few changes, And I even went to the factory to check them out, I guess they guided me to what they wanted me to see. They were starting to have trouble a year after I got mine, I did let everyone in the club know and I would see other guys wrote about them. Then CMC stopped their ads in all the Mags. , and then out come Streetbeasts I knew right away it was the same car, the grille insert gives it away they are missing a bar on each side.
All I can say when it comes to making a big purchase buyer beware I don't care who it is check them outand go to the factory if you can and talk to someone that has the same or dealt with whoever, you spend a lot of money to buy one you sure want to see one first. Don't think that when you spend a lot that it will be an easy build, it might be but then again it might not, I have taken a trunk lid off of one 32 roadster and it was 1/2" shorter than the other steel cars.
I'm sure not here to defend Streetbeast or anyone else what I am saying is you are working on cars, that were made by man and they sure are going to need some work to go together, as far as the people that got the shaft from them, I feel sorry for you and I hope you get something out of this besides more heartache, but you have to cut off the head to kill it, other wise they just change names and keep on going, this isn't just with cars but other big noney items also, houses for one. Again I not sure if this is about the cars or getting the shaft, I would have thought by this time people would have stopped buying them it's been going on for 20 years.
If i may I 'm going to post some pictures of my car Thank you

35terraplane GET HER DONE

Look's like you did some nice work to it..
Old 09-15-2010, 09:09 PM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:

Damn, That's a whole lotta typin'. If you want to come to Chicago to glass my Streetbeasts Vert, just say so!

Seriously, we haven't crossed that bridge yet, our welder is playin' the absent game and holding up our progress. We love what we're doing, we just don't have the know how and mid build isn't the time to start learnin'.

Jay K.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:51 PM

Last photo:

Streetbeast

Yes it was and I just passed typing, almost 50 years ago. Well if you get your welder fixed, and know how to weld, you can get the frame done. Just measure twice and cut once and you have it made. One thing about working with fiberglass is if you don't like it glass it up and do it over. You have to learn sometime and a glass car is, to my way of thinking a lot easier than steel. I don't know how far you are on your car, but you have to come up with a plan, lay it out and check it off as you go. I never did go much with the book they gave you to put the car together, did look at it once in awhile, but most of the time we went with the check list we made up. I also don't know how many street rods you have built, so maybe you have to go by the book.
I started building cars when I was 12 years old, and I mean building one, not helping my dad, he was not into cars. I( also worked in a junk yard when I was 12, so getting cars or bodies was not a problem. That was in 1956, so of course the new cars were 56, my job , cut cars up, and you can guess how many would be street rods I cut up. I did set the nice 30'S cars aside, so I had an endless supply.
Well just take your time, cars are not built in a day by one or two guys having fun, and really that's what this is all about, having fun learning about cars bench racing and having a good feeling at the end of the day knowing you are building a car.

Later and just get her done 35terraplane
Old 09-18-2010, 10:49 AM

different beast parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65galaxie
Wondering if anyone has had any luck contacting StreetBeasts lately? Can't seem to get anyone to answer the phones (tried all 4 numbers I have including direct lines) and left lots of messages but not response. Looking for someone who may know the fate. I'm waiting on a wiring harness for my '34 coupe from them.
hi,66cobra here i also boughtcar from them someone contacted me dont know if this might help phone number 954-962-4234 my email siskrebecca@aol.com let know if helps i need parts good luck
Old 09-18-2010, 10:56 AM

beasts parts

someone contacted me about parts for my beast this might help phone number 954-962-4234 let me know how it goes 66 cobra
Old 09-19-2010, 10:37 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35terraplane
One thing about working with fiberglass is if you don't like it glass it up and do it over. You have to learn sometime and a glass car is, to my way of thinking a lot easier than steel. I don't know how far you are on your car, but you have to come up with a plan, lay it out and check it off as you go. I never did go much with the book they gave you to put the car together, did look at it once in awhile, but most of the time we went with the check list we made up. I also don't know how many street rods you have built, so maybe you have to go by the book.

Well just take your time, cars are not built in a day by one or two guys having fun, and really that's what this is all about, having fun learning about cars bench racing and having a good feeling at the end of the day knowing you are building a car.

Later and just get her done 35terraplane
Well,

The welder is back online and to answer your question, this is the first time my father and I have ever tackled a project this big. I have a build thread going on this forum under the title of "streetbeasts build starts" and we'll be updating next week as I've been down studying for exams.

Thanks for the response,

Jay K.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:42 PM

Father son project & Streetbeasts Liquidation Auction

Congrats on gaining some good times during the build!

Yesterday, the Streetbeasts Liquidation Auction ended with only about 1/2 of the items being sold, with the proceeds going to the Bankruptcy Trustee. Did anyone get Jon that commemorative Coffee Pot?
Old 12-25-2010, 12:47 AM
sitis nam accelero

Last photo:

Wow, I've missed quite a bit in the last year or two.

Congrats on the win Jon and much thanks to all those who donated to support Jon, the forum and our first amendment.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:11 PM

last Beast

My Streetbeast Willys arrived. Probably the last 41 Willys they produced. I'm having a local builder look it over next week. I paid $2,500 extra for a tilt front. They bolted the old hood to the fender section and hey!, a single piece tilt front. the edges are uneven, cracked and chipped. No way to repair without taking it apart. The fenders are badly tweeked and won't sit down against the body. It's headed for the land fill. The trunk lid has no hardware. The door jambs have no latch hardware. No grill ($500.00?), no head lights, no wiring harness, no tail lights, no carpeting, no headliner material; etc. etc.. All of which was paid for. Also no radiator that I paid $780.00 extra for. The body was supposed to be sanded to 400 grit, nope. I'm also expecting $1,950 for overpayment on a front end that was canceled due to the closing of the company and no time to order and install. I know Bob Southern did all he could. I believe Bob is a good man and wanted to do all he could to deliver a good car. It just didn't happen. The money due? We'll see. Well, I could give up but I'm going to try and salvage this mess.
What has happened to our country? Why does this tpye of thing happen everywhere? No pride, no honesty or fair play? Just greed, lies and selfishness. What can I say? Hope all of you are well and let's hope for a better year; and our Warriors safe return from overseas.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:08 AM

Last photo:

streetbeast 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcar
My Streetbeast Willys arrived. Probably the last 41 Willys they produced. I'm having a local builder look it over next week. I paid $2,500 extra for a tilt front. They bolted the old hood to the fender section and hey!, a single piece tilt front. the edges are uneven, cracked and chipped. No way to repair without taking it apart. The fenders are badly tweeked and won't sit down against the body. It's headed for the land fill. The trunk lid has no hardware. The door jambs have no latch hardware. No grill ($500.00?), no head lights, no wiring harness, no tail lights, no carpeting, no headliner material; etc. etc.. All of which was paid for. Also no radiator that I paid $780.00 extra for. The body was supposed to be sanded to 400 grit, nope. I'm also expecting $1,950 for overpayment on a front end that was canceled due to the closing of the company and no time to order and install. I know Bob Southern did all he could. I believe Bob is a good man and wanted to do all he could to deliver a good car. It just didn't happen. The money due? We'll see. Well, I could give up but I'm going to try and salvage this mess.
What has happened to our country? Why does this tpye of thing happen everywhere? No pride, no honesty or fair play? Just greed, lies and selfishness. What can I say? Hope all of you are well and let's hope for a better year; and our Warriors safe return from overseas.
Sorry to hear you fell under the got screwed banner, but if it will help you out, I have a wiring harness for a 34 CMC, SB or whatever, If you want it I will give it to you, as I used an Enos board in my 33, it might work it might not but all you can do is try it.I had about everything in the 33 digital dash, a/c, pw, remote door and trunk opener, FI engine, now I never checked it, but it's free so let me know.

Bob
Old 12-31-2010, 12:33 PM

Last photo:

Way to go, Bob!!

Old 01-27-2011, 01:12 AM

Last photo:

Second donation

I just made my second donation and challeng each of you to do the same.

The one dollar suggestion was a good suggestion, but reality is few will donate. So I made up for a few others

Thanks Jon. Let us know the final bill.

Steve
Old 01-27-2011, 04:56 AM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR BEADS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58Apache
I just made my second donation and challeng each of you to do the same.

The one dollar suggestion was a good suggestion, but reality is few will donate. So I made up for a few others

Thanks Jon. Let us know the final bill.

Steve
Way to go Steve.

Unfortunately alot of guys won't even bother to throw out ten bucks.

That's OK. The money will eventually have to come from somewhere.

When the advertising appears all over the board because Jon needs to make up the coin, these same guys will be the biggest complainers about it.

Hopefully some other members will step up as well.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:58 AM

oldtimehotrodder

Do the GM 215 heads LOOK identical to the stock heads? Will the stock manifolds work? In California it has to look stock to stand a chance without going through a "referee"
Thanks for your quick response/

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.