upgrading my 2007 Corvette, manual 6sp push paddle. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2012, 10:09 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

upgrading my 2007 Corvette, manual 6sp push paddle.

Hey All,

I'm looking to upgrade my '07 Chevy Corvette.
Looking for a nice cold intake setup and exhaust that would work nicely. Looking to gain overall about 25 to 30 horses. I've heard a lot about the Borla exhaust, but wanted to know what other options are available that would work pretty well without being as costly. I'm trying to find a reliable speed shop here in the Dallas area that deals with Vettes. Please help, let me know if you need further information. This is my first vette, so i'm very green at the moment....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2012, 11:01 AM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:

Do you have headers? If not they should go to the top of the list.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:23 PM
T-Bucket, Corvette, Mustang

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

There is a C6 Corvette forum that is very active and knowlegable on performance issues.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...discussion-74/

and

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...rformance-101/
Old 05-31-2012, 12:43 PM

My father-in-law is president of his Corvette club, I've driven his Z06 and talked to the guys at the slalom.

You've got over 400 conservative horsepower and torque in an honest 3200 lb. car, the torque curve hits very early and is very flat out to redline, and it runs a solid 12 second quarter mile and is still pulling hard. I hit stupid speeds short shifting and staying under 5000 rpm with no drama what-so-ever.

Your year car has the same engine. 25 horsepower would add very little to that level of performance and if it doesn't complement your power band the car may end up slower overall.

My 2 cents=do absolutely nothing. There are no cheap ways to gain any significant horsepower. A cold air intake won't do squat. It already has a titanium exhaust system and the entire package is enineered by a team of PH.Ds to haul butt. They got it right.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:25 AM

Last photo:

I work occasionally with a company out of Houston called Late Model Racecraft.
Also, Jason at Texas Drivetrain & Perf. is a helluva guy; however he only does axles and 6speed rebuilding. If you give him a call; Im sure he can recommend the go to shop in your area.
There is a company called SNL Performance, they produce the Monster clutches I believe and I know they're in Ft Worth although I have no personal experience with them however.

Im with the others though; I think A) 20horsepower may present itself...somewhere in the powerband, probably in a place in your powerband you wont often get to legally. You may want to consider having a tune done instead to match your driving habits and give you gains where you'll see it most.

I had a friend with a TPI years ago; went to the trouble of putting a short ram intake manifold, new injectors etc on his motor. He did pick up some power; however most of what it did was shift his powerband UP and he actually lost a little bottom end in the deal. Bottom line; he never drove the car the way he should have to enjoy it
Old 06-01-2012, 09:51 AM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:

The entire package was engineered by accountants to sell, that's all.

A cai and an exhaust can help the entire power band, as will headers, as will a tune, and a cam CAN as well (if chosen properly). The stock vette is a great car for a factory stock car at that price, but unless its modified don't be surprised to have it surpassed by modified cars ranging from civics to stangs to bmw sedans or even the lowly Pinto.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:53 PM

Hey All,

Thanks for all the good advice. I might just settle with the current setup and buy an older vette and have at it with building my own power ball. I'm looking at an older 75 vette.. or that orange vette from Boogie Nights.. lol.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:58 PM
1.21 giga-watts???!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap72
The entire package was engineered by accountants to sell, that's all.

A cai and an exhaust can help the entire power band, as will headers, as will a tune, and a cam CAN as well (if chosen properly). The stock vette is a great car for a factory stock car at that price, but unless its modified don't be surprised to have it surpassed by modified cars ranging from civics to stangs to bmw sedans or even the lowly Pinto.

Wrong, yet again. Headers and exhaust will do wonders.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:28 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish211
Hey All,

Thanks for all the good advice. I might just settle with the current setup and buy an older vette and have at it with building my own power ball. I'm looking at an older 75 vette.. or that orange vette from Boogie Nights.. lol.
Might be the best plan. There is just no "cheap" way to add anything significant to the power, and even if you spent 2-3 thousand dollars (the price of an exhaust system, for example) the gains will be small, percentage- and seat of the pants- wise.

Now, if you want to have some fun- and cheap fun at that- get one of these!

Video/audio: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVuVu...layer_embedded

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.