Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - upholstered bed liner
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2004, 10:12 AM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

upholstered bed liner

I'd like to create a bed liner for my '32 pickup to protect the paint and floor from any cargo flopping around back there . I'm thinking of just making a simple box from 5/8" oak veneer plywood and then upholstering and padding it on the OUTSIDE (bottom and sides) to I can slide it in and out of the bed without scratching anything up. I would then stain and polyurethane the finished wood on the inside. I'd also like to incorporate an upholstered lid/tonneau cover to keep things dry and protected. With all nice square corners, this appears to be something I could do myself. However, I'd sure appreciate any tips or ideas on the best way to do the upholstery. Also, if someone has seen or built anything similar that might incorporate a better idea than the wood box concept, that would be helpful as well - especially if it would be lighter weight.

I do want to have the liner easily removable to show the bed and flooring when appropriate - so that might eliminate some ideas.

Dewey