Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Upholstery recommendations for KY, TN
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 07:41 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I've done a few custom interiors and I always try and go for the clean but unusual look. I have built an older Chevy product where I welded up the glove box, removed all of the things like starter switch. headlight switch, cigarette lighter, wiper switch, built a center console and moved everything into the console including the emergency brake and power window controls. I then opened up the existing radio space and put in a DVD, CD, radio combo. I went with aftermarket gauges and an Idit steering column. It look pretty good after the upholstery guy got done, I've done upholstery before but I'm way to slow and to be honest...I'm not that good. I will say, I did have more room than you do and moving all of your switches may be a bit difficult but, it sure would look cool.

I'll keep thinking and try and come with some ideas...if you like them great...if you don't, my feelings won't be hurt...LOL

Great looking console, the speedo section is now your focal point and other items need to be blended in around it.

Ray