Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Upholstery recommendations for KY, TN
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

WOW, exceptional work Dan...if you where closer you'd have my upholstery work...for now I'm just trying to learn and the difficulty I'm having is finding someone in my area that #1) can do the quality of work I'm looking for and #2) if I find that guy, is he willing to take the time to teach me. #3) do I have the time...I'm sure I would make the time.

When it comes to paint and body...I hold my own.

When it comes to engines engines and drive line components like transmission and suspension...I have knowledge but as knowledge goes, things change and what I was good at in the 70's and 80's has evolved into something that I need to learn more and understand the details more of maximizing performance.

When it comes to interior...I would consider myself a lost sheep. I've done it...it looked OK...but it took me to long and for the time and money I spent I knew I needed an education. The difference between gaining the knowledge in your field of expertise compared to the other 2 I mentioned is that there are many more paint, body and mechanical technicians available to absorb the knowledge I crave from...very few with your talent that available to spend the time with someone that wants to learn and for the information you put out on this forum I applaud you.

I realize that I can't get great at everything and stay in touch with all the changes that occur in every field of the automotive aftermarket industry, time wouldn't allow it (we all need to earn a living) but, I can only hope to get more information on interior work so that I can become a better, more well rounded car builder.

Thanks again Dan
Ray