Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - urethane and polyurethane
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2005, 11:34 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Need advice on a paint job

Hello I am a trouble lady trying to understand paint jobs.....I have a 95 Camry in need of a good paint job....I have two guys that have agreed to paint my car both have agreed to paint the car for the the same price ($500)...I am interested in a good paint job that will possible last another 3-5 years....nothing spectacular but a quality job and I want a high gloss shine and both of them come highly recommened by other clients....My dilemna is the type of paint they use...one claims to use a polyurethane paint and says that it will shine and that I will not need a clear coat on top, he claims that it will peel in the end anyway......While the other claims to use Omni 2000 paint with a clear coat on top of and he guarantees to match the paint...He says he will use a clear coat to make it shine......My question is what is the best kind of paint to ask this person to purchase for a quality paint job for the money.....He states he would probably like to spend about $150-$200 on yhr paint and $300 on the labor.....What type of paint would be suffiecient for what I would want.....I want the car to shine the best it can and also how many coats of clear should I ask him to paint on top? What is the best paint for my money if I am paying him $500?