Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - US General tool box question
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 08:40 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

US General roller cabinet

I just got one of these...the 11 drawer 56" wide. This is for home use, and we are very happy with it so far. Actually, my wife insisted on this big one. It is used for a combination of tool storage, and other general purpose storage and really helped us both get organized!

In answer to one previous question, the drawers are very easily removed. Pull it out all the way. In the middle of each rail is a black plastic release lever. You press DOWN on the right side rails, and UP on the left side rails. On the drawers with two rails, this is easier if you use two people!

One question: I have one rail on a top drawer that is acting a little flaky....does anyone know if the roller rails are standard parts which might be available anywhere for sale if it goes bad?

By the way, I paid $749 at HF. I showed my wife ads for a Craftsman at about $1800 and a Snap-on at $4300. Needless to say I am some kind of shopping hero right now!