Hot Rod Forum banner

used my new trimmers table today pics attached

30K views 85 replies 12 participants last post by  marko69 
#1 ·
hi guys , after spending many many months reading post by dan two lakes ( what a genius ) codeville and others in this amazing forum , ive done my first base cushion today for the vw seats , using the sew foam method. im so proud of how it turned out , took me 4 hours .

thanks for looking. ade

See less See more
#12 ·
stumpy1972uk1 said:
Hi mate, its a Toyota , copy of the singer 111w... i don't know the model but I have listed the model on here before . Ade
The 111W and it's clones are great machines. I've got a singer 111W153 and a Consew 225. The Consew is a better machine in my book because it has more lift and does a bigger stitch. Although the 153 is nothing to sneeze at either

#17 ·
Are you going to cover the headrests, or just leave them off?

Boy, that was a dumb question........if you were going to leave them off you wouldn't have put the plastic pieces in.

#21 ·
thanks guys , really enjoyed doing these , the seats are done now just waiting for the guy to pick them up tomorrow.

the arm rests are a nightmare to do , had to drop the stich length right down to get a better curve. i will post up the pics of the components of the arm rests.

my toyota machine. ive fitted a servo motor to it ,
must clean the camera lens :spank: . lol
ade

#24 ·
hi guys , just finished my second paying job , a guy who drives a vw transporter t4 van over here wanted his sofa bed or rock and roll bed as we call them over here covering , now the usual way over here is a straight forward box cover over a slab of 4" thick foam , the guy wanted a more classic look , knee rolls and pleating , so i put my thinking cap on and came up with these.

he picked them up last night and was very pleased. i added 1/2" foam to the blue foam and shaped the edges , trhe used 1/2" sewfoam under the vinyl and used listings tied down through the foam to steel rods in channels cut into the foam undeside.
hard work but well worth it.
ade

#26 ·
Coodeville said:
Looks great! And I hope you made a good pound for your labor.
at the moment mate im trading experience and building a reputation against labour rates , ive worked out a set cost for labour which is around $100 plus materials , this for about six months as im doing it after work of an eveining and weekends.
im starting the third set of seats today so will post some pics up. cheers ade

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.