Username change? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2009, 09:37 PM
Analog man in a digital world.

Last journal entry: HEI comparison.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Username change?

Given today's political climate I have been giving my choice of username a lot of thought. At the time I joined it seemed like a great idea because it was a nickname I got back in 1972 or so hanging out at the Sunoco station where the local drag racer's hung out and was associated to my beginnings as a gearhead. I was one of two kids in our little Midwest farm town to have long hair so that automatically made us "hippie's". The name stuck with me, some of those guys still call me that and although I still have hair it's short (and turning gray).

"Hippie" has no relevance to my political or social views, in fact I'm pretty much the opposite of what people think of when you say hippie today and I guess according to Nancy Pelosi people like me are right wing extremists! Here I thought I was an American. Huh, who knew?

Some people see the "Hippie" and make assumptions that are incorrect. I even had one guy want to come beat me up awhile back because he didn't like "hippies"! He would have been in for an unpleasant surprise if he ever got here but maybe it's still time I change it. I've sent Jon a PM to see if it would affect my post count, Project Journal, etc., if it does I'll leave it and deal with the hippie haters as they come. Just thought I'd give you a heads up in case Hippie disappears.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2009, 10:10 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

I believe Jon can change your username, send him a PM.

Nothing wrong with Hippie per se, I've often thought of changing my name to "3 Jaw Chuck" but then no one would know who I am.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:49 PM

Last photo:

Nah, "Hippie" just doesn't seem right anymore, but any I can think of right now that really fit would probably get me banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 Jaw Chuck
I've often thought of changing my name to "3 Jaw Chuck"
Wouldn't that make you a "Jacob's Chuck"?
Old 12-31-2009, 03:00 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

I like your name a lot more than mine, I often wish i had thought of it when I chose my user name, after trying half a dozen choices that weren't accepted, I went with the old tried and trued nickname I have had since grade school. Wanna trade?
Old 12-31-2009, 09:52 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
I like your name a lot more than mine, I often wish i had thought of it when I chose my user name, after trying half a dozen choices that weren't accepted, I went with the old tried and trued nickname I have had since grade school. Wanna trade?

Uhhh......... no thanks. Really 'dinger' doesn't seem that bad, I doubt anyone has wanted to come beat you up over it.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:24 PM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

Sounds like someone is just being a %#$%& to you, Hippie, and that is childish on their part, however, I personally don't think that changing your username will change their attitude in the least !

I am an old man and if anyone wants to come WMA then they had better be packing because I'm too old to fight and I break way too easy for that chit anymore !

Whatever you end up doing, I wish you the best !
Old 12-31-2009, 04:05 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched ratchet
Sounds like someone is just being a %#$%& to you, Hippie, and that is childish on their part, however, I personally don't think that changing your username will change their attitude in the least !

I am an old man and if anyone wants to come WMA then they had better be packing because I'm too old to fight and I break way too easy for that chit anymore !

Whatever you end up doing, I wish you the best !
That episode was a while back and wasn't because of anything I did or said it was 100% because of my username. That party was banned very shortly after for other reasons but other things come up now and then because people make assumptions about me based on the name. I used to use it other places as well but switched to something else a couple years ago for other forums I have joined. I don't know, I'll probably leave it but it just doesn't seem to fit anymore.....
Old 12-31-2009, 08:16 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippie
Wouldn't that make you a "Jacob's Chuck"?
Now you know why I prefer 4 Jaw, Jacob is what the girls call me in the throes of passion so it gets me quite randy.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:21 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 Jaw Chuck
Now you know why I prefer 4 Jaw, Jacob is what the girls call me in the throes of passion so it gets me quite randy.
Ya know what? Diet Pepsi really burns when it comes out through your nose..........
Old 01-02-2010, 02:06 PM
Be the MIRACLE!

Last journal entry: Running boards (part DUEX)
Last photo:

I thought about changing my name to 39 special cause everyone associates it with the gun (some people don't like guns) or the rock group 38 Special(of which I like and have seen). Actually it's niether, it's cause I have a 38 DeSoto and it's special to me and besides if I changed it to 39 special people would wonder where the other 38 of me went. Good luck Hippie. I may not recognize you anymore but I'll know your here... somewhere... I think.
Actually I had long hair in grade school after the Beatles came over and the principle of my school got after me for it. Dad said if he wants my hair cut than the principle can cough up some money. Lousy principle... after that I had my head shaved till I was 13. Man I hated that. Now I'm almost bald, I still hate it. sigh!
Old 01-02-2010, 02:10 PM
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty

Last wiki edit: Pilot bearing and bushings
Last journal entry: roof repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 37

I dont like mine either. Now everyone calls me eloc well not everybody but some do. People can't see it really cole spelled backwards eloc/cole see. I don't know why someone would do you like that Hippie because of your name.( GOD IS GREAT BEER IS GOOD AND PEOPLE ARE CRAZY). Kinda courious how the change will effect everything too your post and things.

Cole
Old 01-02-2010, 03:27 PM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

?Cole spelled backwards??? - - - heck I thought it was some kind of Sci-Fi character - - -
Old 01-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty

Last wiki edit: Pilot bearing and bushings
Last journal entry: roof repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched ratchet
?Cole spelled backwards??? - - - heck I thought it was some kind of Sci-Fi character - - -
OK WR, now you are on a roll.

Cole
Old 01-03-2010, 07:47 PM

Last photo:

Well, Jon hasn't answered my PM so I'll probably still be "Hippie". Besides the one that best describes me now, "The Grouchy Old Bastar* Next Door", would take up too much room.

Last edited by Hippie; 01-03-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,274 Times in 1,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippie
Well, Jon hasn't answered my PM so I'll probably still be "Hippie". Besides the one that best describes me now, "The Grouchy Old Bastar* Next Door", would be take up too much room.
Just like all you Hippies, can't trust you. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Brian

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.