Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Using the 2.3L ford in a rod
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 07:41 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

2.3 in rod

I like the idea of buying a turbo engine out of a wreck, but man they are hard to find. I might go with building a 2.3 with turbo as I think that would be the easy way to build what I want. I built the chassis very stout as I was going to put the 4BT in there. The rails are 2"x4" 1/8th wall with inside fishplates welded on in the stress areas. Like the front end and rear kick up. I am using a behind the axle spring in the front with a four bar. And have a four bar in the rear with coilovers. And anti swaybars front and rear. It will sit real low and has wide tires front and rear. What I didn't mention was I am a old dirt track racer and any car I build has to handle well. Now the good parts I have enough vintage tin and a vin. number so I can title it as a 27 here in the state of Oklahoma. even though the C cab part I am building from scratch and the bed. The bed will only be about 4 foot long so this will be a small light car. What I am really looking for is some one that has built a small car (sprint T or T bucket) that they put a 2.3L in to get some kind of idea as to what it will run like, when finished. I am not expecting it to run in the 12's or something like that. I just don't want to be passed by a smart car. I do have lots of sheet metal and chassis experiance. Having built many dirt cars and about 6 rods now. And as I said before this car is just for fun. And as a shop truck. I think I have added some pict's of my car when I was test fitting the 4bt to the chassis and a pict of my wife's tryke I built from a 883 sportster. Thanks Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0144.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	70453   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0203.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	70454