Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Using the 2.3L ford in a rod
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 04:01 PM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinn View Post
I drove to high school in these vehicles catching rides with friends. They were Not fast. I have no idea what you are smoking. The Xr4ti was 5 speed and could barely squeak the tires. The daytona/laser turbo was junk , i dont think it made 140 hp.

Do you have any video of them from the 80's . Like a car and driver road test.

Not into these racing videos. They dont show hardware.

Faster car in the junior/ senior parking lot was a grand national.

the t bird made 142hp in 86
Yeah ok your drove an xr 5 speed and it wouldnt squeak the tires? Sure your right. They may not be super fast but they ran 15 bone stock and were usally spinning the tires half way down the track. Drive one and tell me they are really that slow.

Also the svo i actually owned and did drive for many years was not slow by any means it put a lot of big blocks down. With 29 lbs of boost it probably lay waste to your current car. I know a few guys with xr's well built they are crazy fast and stock brand new they were also pretty quick. Hard to think you even rode in one before. Most turbo cars will spinn the tires easily with a little slip of the clutch to raise the boost up first.

Svo is 205 hp and 248lbs tq not bad considering the vette Was only 90hp north of that in 86.

Last edited by hcompton; 01-11-2013 at 04:09 PM.