Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Using the 2.3L ford in a rod
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 07:57 AM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironpony View Post
But don't get me wrong it is fun. I am not going to put a V8 in this car. I have vehicles for going fast. I don't think as light as this car will be that I need or want 300hp. My intention is for it to be a little differnt and be fun to drive. 140 to 150 hp would be plenty for this light car in my opinion and getting to that number with a turbo and slightly built 2.3L would be easy and very forgiving on the quality of fuel ya get at the pump. And after all it's all about power to weight ratio. If you have a 200hp car that weighs 3300 to 3400 lbs and a under 2000 lbs car with 150 hp and everything else being equal at the drag strip they will run pretty close. With the edge going to the lighter car. But this car is NOT about racing. It's about fun and the question I posed was to find someone that had run this engine will a slight build in a true lightweight car. And to get info on building the engine for what I want. And I wish to thank the folks that have contributed to those ends. I am know for doing differnt things. And have considered at one point and time since I have a background in Marine turbine propulsion too. of putting a turbine in the car. But dismissed that idea because of the cost. And it would be too complicated for a fun car. So I'm back to my first question has anyone done this that's on this site that could share their opinions on the results. Thanks Bill
I've done an NA build you can PM me about, I've done a lot of research into going turbo with it but haven't gone that route yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to ap72 For This Useful Post:
Ironpony (01-12-2013)