Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - using a 4L60E
Thread: using a 4L60E
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 02:50 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

using a 4L60E

i was wondering will a 4L60E work, function, shift manually, drive, without the electronics hooked up. I have a 88 chev, with a 700R4-4L60 that died one first gear right now. but have access to a 4L60E, for real cheap. basically free to use till I can get mine rebuilt(part of a package deal on 2 LT1 motors with trans that bought in with a friend. he says just throw it in it should work just fine. nut I'm unsure and hesitant to do it if it won't function at all. but don't have a stand alone wiring harness or PCM mopdule right now. and might be a while before I can get one. this was a daily driver, that I need to get back on the road. and dont' want to strip it down for internal parts. ( not that I can't do it have rebuilt many tranny manual and automatic. and 700R4's to 4l60E's and one 4T60E. but want to use it later with the LT1 on a project vehicle with the freind (part street-drag car). any comments or thoughts could you manually control it using voltage inputs and switches. anyone got a good complete electrical wiring diagram. or know where i can get one or download it to see if it could be done.