Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Using Fisheye Eliminator
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 12:38 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,085 Times in 968 Posts
My opinion is to toss it in the garbage. I haven't used it in thirty years! No kidding! If you clean properly, you aren't going to get any.

Oh my God, I just had a flash back! It wasn't 30 years it was more like 15, I had an EMERGENCY situation that required it. I had the worse contamination problem that I had ever seen, before or after. I could spray color or primer without a problem. Then the second the clear hit it would be COVERED in fisheye! It was so bad I actually had to farm out my paint for a month or so. I would only do jams and used the fisheye eliminator just so it would be doable, even though it was rougher than a bag of bb's, the texture was horrible! Then all of a sudden the problem was gone as fast as it came, never did find out what it was.

Anyway, if you clean properly you really don't need the stuff. What it is from what I understand is literally silicone! It makes your paint compatible with the contaminate! That was my understanding back then, being I haven't used it since I don't care about it so I never confirmed that.

And for the instructions, go on line to the PPG site and get the product data sheet, I don't remember how it's used.

Brian