Hot Rod Forum banner

Using Martin Senour paint (newbie question)

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Irelands child 
#1 ·
Hello,
I just pick up a quart of vermillion red Martin Senour paint at the local Napa. The salesman also sold me the reducer that he said needed to be mixed with the paint at a ratio of 2:1. I have my Ford primed and ready to paint. I am not looking for a perfect paint job, just decent.
Question - I have a Campbell hausfeld Hvlp turbine sprayer, is this ok to use?
Do I also need to mix in Hardener? The salesman said all I need is the paint and reducer.
Also, Do I need a coat of clear after the paint? I asume it would have to be enamel, because the paint is enamel. Thanks for any info. I am new to this. :confused:

#2 ·
I have never painted with the turbine setup. However, if you visit autobodystore.com Len over there has done quite a bit of spraying with them.

On that hardener or not, what is the exact part number and name on the label of paint you have?

Brian

#4 ·
It sounds like a single stage acrylic - if so, I have used it and it worked well for what I wanted at that time. Suggest you don't mix brands as far as reducers. Get a spec sheet on the paint as far as using hardener. Be advised that most if not all hardeners contain isocyanates and you will need to take extra precautions as far as masks, gloves, goggles and clothing. There are many posts here discussing this situation.

Here is one:
http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/respirators-supplied-air-96574.html

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.