Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Using Poly Primer instead of Poly Putty in between Epoxy and Eurethane primer
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 01:57 PM
Newbie sponge

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Shine, I think I can envision what you are saying.... putting a square down, and only sanding till the edges of the square start to taper, but stays a square?

bodyman, great info. so, one good thing about taking that class was the availability of great tools... I did pickup a 6" da sander from my favorite place to spend as little money as possible (Harbor Freight). I also got one of their inline sanders as well... not as good as a hutchins, but 1/6 the price.

I am not afraid to spend on something really good if needed... I do plan on doing this all again with my son in about 12 years, so if the tool is required, I will go for it.

plus I got a bunch of 6 inch disks already... do I really need 8"? tell me it ain't so.

Totally got you on the pressure... I do tend to press rather than change out the paper. I noticed that I press less when using the 16" durablock over the 3m block.

I will get a few hours in on her tomorrow and will try to do it without the featherfill. I like trial by fire until it gets too hot.