Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Using Poly Primer instead of Poly Putty in between Epoxy and Eurethane primer
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 02:36 PM
Newbie sponge

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I spent most of Saturday morning driving across town to pickup more filler from the paint shop. I did spend a little time knocking down the metal glaze I had on the deck lid and it is starting to smooth out... I am looking at it differently now and really examined the high spots. They are right on the bracing that attaches to the skin, so I ended up hammering on them a little bit, and will also hammer up on an area on the back edge that was rather low. I am pretty confident that I will be able to get it smoothed out in short order.

I ended up getting my primer gun back out and shooting some other sanded areas and my entire trunk. Needed something different than sanding, so ended up over the course of Sat/Sun/Mon, shooting primer, color, and clear in the trunk interior. Now I can install the tank for the last time and fill it up to pull her in and out of the garage easier. Next Saturday will be spent finishing out the hood and deck lid. I promise!

Thanks for all the info thus far!