Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - using an S10 chassis under 63 nova
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 10:34 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,076 Times in 959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopt 48 View Post
And reason enough that Threads should automatically lock after six months of inactivity on all forums and only be reopened by the original poster.

I can't see why you would want to put that bulky suspension under the front of the Morris though when there are better options even if you might have to save your money for a while to do it. The S-10 Frame is not the universal fix all that some people tend to think it is.

Ask yourself "Do I really want a big bulky GM suspension under the front end of my rather small Morris?"

You also have to remember that the steering box and steering linkage is/are out in front of the crossmember and cause their own issues especially on a small car.

Like you the original poster has a very low number of posts so I'd imagine that he is still lamenting cutting the floor out of his heirloom Nova and attempting to cobble the S-10 frame under it long after the whole thing went to the junk yard. If he had succeeded we would be looking at a build thread in the archives.
I can not imagine what a cobbled up mess that Nova with an S10 frame would be like! Those cars are sooooo sweet, what a shame it would be. And how easy it would be to make a nice frame from scratch under it that looks like it belongs there.

Brian