V-band flanges for turbo - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2004, 11:07 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Shirley, NY
Age: 39
Posts: 6
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
V-band flanges for turbo

Does anybody know a good place to get V-band clamps and weld-on flanges?

BTW, when you measure the flanges on the turbo, you measure to the outside edge of the inner lip, right? Which would give me 2 1/2" outlet, compressor side, and 2 1/2" inlet, 3" outlet, turbine side... Does that sound about right for a GTP-38?


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-05-2004, 06:31 AM
TurboS10's Avatar
Registered User
Last wiki edit: Auto Terms and Definitions Used in Modern Engine T... Last photo:
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Texas
Age: 39
Posts: 3,463
Wiki Edits: 2

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
That sounds right on the sizes. You actually have to measure the top and the bottom of the lip along with the angle of the bevel to get the right clamps. If it is a GTP38, I would just go to ford and get the clamps. There are about a million different sizes of clamps and it has to be the perfect size to fit and seal properly. I had to go to a turbo rebuild shop to find a clamp for my 5 inch outlet. We went through about 20 (almost) 5 inch clamps before finding one that was dead on. As for the flanges, I dont know. I ended up making one for mine from 1/8 inch plate steel and welding it to the pipe. Most of those flanges are cast iron from the factory and there are not mild steel replacements that I know of.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-07-2004, 10:12 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Shirley, NY
Age: 39
Posts: 6
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I found these guys...


They have weld-on flanges in stainless and mild steel. They look like they might work. If the clamps are specific, I'll probably just pick them up from Ford, like you suggested.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.