V force exhaust mufflers - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2004, 09:07 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

V force exhaust mufflers

Has anyone here ever used or heard these mufflers? My local exhaust shop recommended them today. They said they are lifetime warranty and cheaper than the others. I looked at one and it seemed to be good quality. The web site is www.vforceexhaust.com . Any comments? thanks ccnova

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2004, 10:09 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

I have a pair of FlowPro's on my SHO, they are not very quiet and a little raspy for my tastes, those baffles don't do much baffling with the louvers. Big long resonator fixed her right up though. They are heavy duty with a nice solid case, thats why I bought them.

I think if I bought them again I would get the V-Force versions, I doubt they could be much louder.

Last edited by 4 Jaw Chuck; 04-17-2004 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-17-2004, 08:36 PM

Last photo:

V- farce cans

I put a pair of 2.5 in v force mufflers on my '77 BBC crew cab tow rig almost 2 years ago, the sound was harsh, but low frequency. I added resonators to the system, and it sounded ok around town, but the first time I hooked up the car hualer and hit the hiway, there was a booming rumble at cruise, ( 60 to 75 MPH )the frequency is low, but the amplitude is high, ( 72 to 76 db ) I've tried a lot of recommended fixes, like, adding more hangers, and even built sheet metal shrouds over the cans and added a layer of felt pad under the carpet, over the cans, all with no real reduction in interior noise. my daily driver is also a BBC with true duals,2.5 in. but I spent the bucks for the flowmasters, and I can clearly hear my wife *****in' when I drift to the left lane and lean on it...I'll never have another pair of V-Farce cans
Old 04-18-2004, 11:14 AM

Thanks for the replys. From the way it sounds we will probably stay away from them.We will probably go with Dynomax ultra flos. Thanks again ccnova
Old 04-18-2004, 12:02 PM
British Style with USA Muscle

Last photo:

You might want to check out the Raptor mufflers from Holley. They are a turbo style muffler. Also I heard Dynomax makes a turbo style for Firebirds and Camaros called the Mini Boss. I think Jegs has em and they are realitivly inexpensive

Regards
Mark

Last edited by Jag Daddy; 04-18-2004 at 12:07 PM.
Old 04-18-2004, 08:21 PM
doesn't play well with others

Last photo:

I've been running V-Force mufflers in my Mustang for two years now. I like 'em. They do resonate a bit but with the rpm's I turn on the highway she actually smooths out on the highway. Everybody is different as far as what they like and don't like. I know a lot of guys that hate sidepipes, I love the loudest sidepipes you can get. The V-Force I have are nice and deep idling and in my opinion open up louder than the Flows when hammerin' her. People regularly comment me on how nice she sounds so I deal just fine with a little resonation here and there. You can see pictures of them in my car in my gallery here. Like I said, everybody's tolerances and likes are different so you can't always go by others opinions. I like loud, they are loud, done deal.

Old 04-18-2004, 11:13 PM
BRB carring

Last photo:

the v force looks like a flowmaster 40 series with 2 holes in the third baffle insted of one.
1992 Dodge Shadow
1986 S-10 Blazer 4x4 Hot Rod
1970 Chevelle
1966 Chevelle 4 door
Home Made Go Cart
-----------------------------------------
Old 04-19-2004, 01:30 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

You have to admit they are well built mufflers with heavy cases and guts even if they are loud. For the price I paid there was no alternative to get this level of build quality, first thing I thought of when I seen them in person is they look like the welded Dynomax race mufflers.

Those can take a backfire or two!
Old 10-31-2005, 08:54 AM
Blazin Low

Last photo:

There a Force pro series muffler sold by Summit and a V Flow muffler sold by Performance Curve on Ebay. I have not seen a V- Flow or are they the same.
this is summits listing
Force Pro-Series MufflersGet more horsepower through high technology.

Force Automotive offers these Pro-Series mufflers in a variety of sizes to suit your needs. Some features include:

* Tough fully welded case designed to withstand even the largest horsepower application
* Aluminized for a long life
* More horsepower through high technology "tuned" double exhaust gates inside muffler
* Maximum flow means less back pressure and less restriction
* Wild sounding muffler with just the right noise, a deep, throaty sound, similar to the muscle cars from the early 70's
* These are great street/strip/off-road multiple use mufflers that provide you with maximum horsepower for your car or truck at a price you can afford
* The best selection of inlets and outlets available for all popular tubing sizes
* Clamp-on or weld-on for an easy installation
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2008, 09:17 AM

looking to buy force mufflers

I was thinking about buying a set of force pro series mufflers. i was wondering what people thought about them. plz let me know because i need to get rid of the glasspacks i have on my 85 mustang..
Old 06-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:

this thread is 4 years old. If you want to know what they sound like look it up on youtube to get some sound clips. I wouldn`t go by anothers opinion on my ride, cause all you use mufflers for is good sound or a sound that is likeable to your ears.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:57 PM

hi guys. I was just roaming around on the web and found this thread. I have a 2001 trd supercharged toyota 4runner (not really a hot rod i guess haha), and I have had a vforce muffler in my car for some time now. My exhaust includes doug thorley headers, no catalytic converter, 2.5 tubing, the vforce, and it comes straight out the side of the car. Everything that has been posted here seems in line with what ive experienced. The muffler is very raspy and rumbles nicely at idle. But when you open it up, man does it get LOUD! Much louder than any magnaflow, etc ive heard. I have to use 93oct in the car as well, so I think its because of the vforce I can spit fire balls
Its all opinion I think. Ive grown to like the vforce very much, to the point where I think I'd prefer it over anything else. Yes, it will vibrate the car pretty well. But my truck is very solid, and i havent had any vibration problems. Ive found it to be a very open and free flowing muffler. The only downside ive had with it is... you will really bother anyone outside the car when you rev up!
Old 05-20-2009, 02:37 AM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:

Man I get to say it twice in the same thread. This thread is 5 years old.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.