Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - V8 1973 VW Beetle Project
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 08:59 AM
VW makes it, Chevy shakes it..

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCTRUCKS
Say buddy I haven't posted in a while but I see that the BUG is coming out SUPER. I remember reading some time back that you adjusted the back wheels to fit better but what I noticed on the back end of the passenger rear tire you have more space towards the rear are you going to leave it like that or are you going to fill in with some medal? Don't get me wrong it's coming out great but I was just wondering how about your engine any plans on placing it in the hood? Please let me know when your going to take that bad boy to the Baytown track I want to be there maybe consider a roll cage for to be on the safe side. I'm going to PM you so look for it.
Be good! RJ
Hey RJ, good to hear from you again. Thanks! I think it's just an illusion cause of the angle that I took the picture. I'll pull her out again and give it a good look from far back, but last time I really paid attention it seemed just fine. My next goal is to get the remaining parts for the engine (starter, water pump). rebuild the transmission, get the roll bar / cage going, and to rebuild and paint the chassis. Once I get all that done I can get the engine in. I'm hoping to have all that done by April. I just depends on how much funds I have to spend. Once I get her going I'll definitely take it down to the track and I'll be sure to let you know when I plan to go.