Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - V8 1973 VW Beetle Project
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 12:41 PM
VW makes it, Chevy shakes it..

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx999
Hi,I have been reading the last year or so of posts describing your v-8 beetle build.It is really going well.Thought you might like to see my super beetle v8 project.It is built with suspsnsion and drive train from a 87 corvette.It has a custom built tube frame.700r4 over drive trans,dana r36 rear end.400 hp zz4 crate engine with tpi injection.air conditioning,power seats,power windows.This baby cruises smooth and rattle free,but will break loose and scream at will.The poster last year that ranted about no one ever being happy with a v-8 beetle and that you shouldnt build one, doesnt know squat.Keep up the posts ,I am enjoying them,good luck.
Wow that's awesome! I like the vette wheels and the color! The whole car is very nice. You've pretty much accomplished what I'm after.

Yeah, I didn't pay it any attention. Building a V8 bug isn't any different than build a t-bucket in my opinion. Just a different body. Hopefully by the end of the year I'll have mine finished. Hopefully.