Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - V8 1973 VW Beetle Project
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 09:04 AM
VW makes it, Chevy shakes it..

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECTION25
Hey mate, was wondering how you acquired all of these skills that you've been using to build this car?

Do you work in an automotive trade?
To be honest, I work as a graphic designer (technically, I'm an "Art Director") for a living. I've always been interested in doing things myself. It also has helped that my dad is a machine maintenance mechanic. I've learned quite a few things from my father cause he is always working on his project cars. He doesn't like newer cars with computers and has built many GM 350's. Other than learning a few things here and there from from my father I've also taken every shop / manufacturing class I could throughout high school. Those classes is where I learned some basics of welding with a stick welder. Most of what I have learned has actually been from researching on the net. You can learn to do just about anything with enough research. This project has really been quite the learning experience and a lot "firsts" for me.