Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - V8 1973 VW Beetle Project
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 03:55 PM
VW makes it, Chevy shakes it..

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Been painting with MasterSeries rust sealer and sealing seams this week. I've finished the sealing the floor, the firewall, the rear wheel wells, and the radiator metal work in the back (which I forgot to take pictures of). I've applied a coat underneth the backside of the car and I'm working my way to the front.

Used 3M sealer. Stuff reminds me of heavy duty Elmer's glue. Haha...

My wheels came in. I ordered Jeg's Weld knock-offs instead of Summit's cause Summit didn't offer the offset I need. I'm sure they're the EXACT same thing, just different center caps.

I forget how small 15" wheels are after having the 16, 17, and 18 wheels floating around this whole time. The sizes I got are...

15"x4" front w/ 1.75" back space
15"x10" back w/ 5.5" back space

Tires will be...

165/80/15 front
275/60/15 back

I'm going to Discount tonight to new get tires. Tires are going to be $300. Can you believe that? $50 each for the front's and $100 each for the backs. The wheels are pretty nice knock offs for the price. They'll make for great street wheels. Gotta be even more budget minded that the kiddo is on it's way and the wife will be a stay at home Mom.