Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - V8 1973 VW Beetle Project
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 07:57 AM
VW makes it, Chevy shakes it..

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommytone
Do you still have the same drivers position as stock? As for the head room, don't hit a bump. I may have to double the head room just as long as she rides smooth, fast and looks *****ing. I'd guess that having a manual rack and pinion will make things a lot smoother as far as turning and correcting on a hard launch. That's one of the big concerns for me. Launching straight. I've seen a wing on the back of another bug that kinda inspires me too. The height of the bug in general would have to be right for it though. What do you think?
I'm in the same drivers position. It's kinda cramped in there for a guy my height, 6' 1". My head room meets NHRA rules, but I wish I had more. The car rides really smooth and the suspension is cushy enough that I don't have to worry about that. The 5 point harness will also keep me in place.

Sounds good. A car with such a short wheelbase as a bug WILL get a little squirrelly once you get both tires spinning. It just depends on how it's setup really.

A wing will help keep the tail end of the car firmly planted on the ground. There are spoilers out there that are just as effect for a bug but MUCH smaller. Here's one. Notice the small spoiler towards the rear of the roof.

Although, those larger spoilers sure do look cool.